Thread: WTB Recaro aftermarket LM seat, blue cloth, 1981 version

WTB Recaro aftermarket LM seat, blue cloth, 1981 version

Guys,

I need to replace the driver's side Recaro aftermarket LM blue cloth seat in my 1973.5 Targa. The one I bought in 1981 has worn out. The problem is that my 32 year old daughter grew up with the seat in the car and has now told me that I can not will her the car without a good condition Recaro LM seat in the car. Daughters!!! What are you going to do?

Can anybody help me out? Or tell me where I can find the original Recaro fabric to have it rebuilt?

Much thanks

John
    73 S with sporto, 69 912, 73.5 Targa, 73 T now with 2.7 MFI (OneLapofAmerica Car)

I love your ad...but I had to move it to Other Porsche Cars & Parts...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Peter,

I understand. I figured because it was going into my 73 911 (having been there since 1981), it might grandfather/qualify as 'Porsche parts'.

John
    (Born at Letterman General/Presidio, many years ago)

Banned
    John,

I'm pretty sure I have a blue Recaro that's been "sitting" for 15 years or so. Post or email a pic of the seat you need and I'll compare.

frank@beckseuropean.com

seems these could could rebuild yours or send you the bits, foam, covers, etc to rebuild it yourself

http://jjcustominterior.com
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Frank,

Thanks for the reply. I need to get my other kid over to the house to take a picture tomorrow. I expect to have a picture shortly.

John