Thread: FS: RSR Project

FS: RSR Project

Appreciate this will have limited interest due to RHD, although a purchaser could change that at this stage.

Offering for sale my RSR replica project as detailed below with a breakdown giving individual prices if for example someone was interested in the car but didn't want say the engine or the gearbox; current state is completed shell, new build engine and most of the parts (including a number of rare/NOS items) required to complete:

RSR ROLLING SHELL - SOLD
    • Based on rust free RHD 1980 SC shell (with V5) that has been media blasted & primed
    • Full conversion for pre ’74 long bonnet
    • NEW OEM front and rear wings and roof
    • RSR steel arches (not Turbo)
    • New RSR front and rear bumpers by GT Racing
    • Factory correct strut brace
    • Coil over suspension all round
    • Front panel recess for front oil cooler
    • RSR detailing such as bracing and drilled hinges to engine compartment, removal of wing refuelling hatch and provision of hole for external battery cut-off
    • Shell modified for G50 box
    • Front of shell modified for correct pre ’74 luggage compartment e.g. battery box etc…..
    • Steel framed ducktail

NEW BUILD RSR ENGINE (3.5 Litres) - SOLD
    • RSR High Butterfly (NOS from Eurometrix in the USA)
    • Twelve plug distributor with electronic pick up
    • Amber plastic ‘tinware’
    • RSR drilled & strengthened engine mount bar
    • RSR headers and new twin outlet RSR exhaust
    • New pump/plug leads/injectors/lines etc…etc…etc…

G50 GEARBOX - SOLD

PARTS PACKAGE (first option to buy to purchaser of the rolling shell) - SOLD
    • Genuine 9”(dated 6/72) & 11”(dated 9/73) by 15” Fuchs in anodised RSR finish
    • 110 litre plastic RSR tank with correct 110 litre sender unit
    • New RSR front and rear bells and AP Racing discs
    • Turbo calipers
    • Full set of NOS/refurbished gauges – 10K rev counter, 180mph speedo, NOS 110 litre fuel gauge etc..
    • NOS boxed headlights, front and rear light units and lenses – all original “Bosch” lenses
    • New rubbers and seals
    • New reproduction Repa 5 point harnesses
    • Original Recaro adjustable bucket seat in black vinyl & cord centre
    • Excellent pre ’74 RHD dash top, radio grill and knee pads
    • New lightweight interior door panels, leather pull straps and correct lightweight handles
    • PLUS plenty more!

As a guide for anyone thinking of embarking on such a project it took approximately three years to get to this stage in terms of finding parts etc...

Serious enquires by PM please (plenty of photos and detailed engine specification available if you let me have your email address). The parts package will be offered for first refusal to the purchaser of the car so please no enquiries about individual parts at this stage; if they subsequently become available I will advertise accordingly.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bantam; 05-22-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Awesome motor, I'd have to finish car just to drive with that motor.
    GLWS
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Thanks Phil
    I know what you mean; finding a rare car like the TR was only a dream when I started the project, given the time I need to spend on the TR together with family life means I am unable to devote the time and attention the RSR project deserves.
    Regards
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Fantastic!! I actually like the fact that it is RHD..... Now what is the conversion rate to Dollars..... Ouch..... Tate
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

Hello, I could be interested in the set of Fuchs wheels. Could you imagine to sell apart from the other parts? And at which price?