Thread: Bellcrank linkage bushing

Bellcrank linkage bushing

I'm in the process of replacing pretty much everything that is rubber or plastic on my car. 1970 911 t Targa. I'm dealing with the
    bell crank bushings currently and I have a problem. I've read a bunch of related threads but none really address my issue, so I'm hoping you
    guys can help.

The plastic/nylon replacement bushings I purchased (Stoddard) don't fit. The outside diameter of the bushing is essentially
    the same as the outside diameter of the hollow tube that sides over the post. This, incidently, is the bell crank located just
    in front (toward the driver) of the driver side carb. I don't see any separate part numbers for a different bell crank.

I've attached a picture which shows the bell crank I'm talking about.

THANKS for any help!

RichName:  bellcrank.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  101.4 KB

I always use an Oilite Bush in this location.

You can buy them with an 8mm ID, 12mm OD, 16mm flange in 6mm, 8mm, 10mm and 12mm lengths for atound $2.00 each.

Thanks Chris. A bushing with a 12mm OD would work, but that doesn't seem to be available through the traditional parts suppliers. Where would
    one purchase the bush you reference?

Thanks for the feedback!

Rich

We are in the UK and can buy them from any stockist.

If you struggle with Metric parts like this I can buy you a pair and post them if this is fast enough.

Just let me know with a PM.

Rich

You probably got the bell crank bushings for the bellcrank on the transmission, not the ones that are used on the intake manifold.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Chris, I'll search around here and if I have a problem I'll come callin'

Rich

Jim,
    This is exactly what I did, but I was led to believe they are all the same size. I'll try again.

THANKS, exactly what I needed.

Rich

Rich,

The bushes on the transmission bellcrank are a different size and a different Part Number.

The manifold bell crank shares the bush that is used on the 'accelerator reverse link' on the pedal box.

If you bought one of the bronze pedal box bush kits there are two bushes in this kit that are the correct size.

If not you can buy the plastic bush from Porsche with Part Number 901.423.253.00

Chris, THANKS! I've been searching for the intake bushing and can't find it listed. I'll order the accelerator bush.

You guys are a big help to the un-initiated.

Rich