Page 53 of 296 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Do to Your 911 Today?

Picked up the 69 from the shop today after thinking I had a problem with a loose muffler baffle and a CV joint going bad. Turns out I was wrong. The clicking sound was the right rear rubbing against the shock dust sheild and the loose baffle was a head stud come loose.
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937

Finally got around to installing my new-to-me vintage racing seat ... out with the Rallye II and in with the lollipop.

The difference in the hip area between the two seats is negligible, but the shoulder/upper back lateral support is staggeringly better. The lollipop headrest is actually the icing on the cake as it allows the shoulder harnesses (5-point Crow) to sit naturally over the seat. The result is that they are less irritating to my neck.

The seat bucket is also deeper so the reach to the pedals is more straight-legged ... it feels like a go-kart seating position and somehow I find myself sitting a bit further back from the wheel than I did with the Rallye II.

Today is my father's 63rd birthday ... so happy birthday to the best dad in the world. His gift was letting him sit in my new seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Bitchin' seat Marco (send me your old one).

Tony looks like a very happy and chilled individual. You guys have a great family. Happy Birthday Tony!! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Happy Birthday Tony and God Bless.

-Dave
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Installed a new drivers door lock mechanism. I bought the lock from http://www.v-zweeden.com/ in Holland. They assured me the lock from '92 would fit my 1970 T. Despite the obvious differences in the pics and being horrified when I opened the box due to the obvious differences, it slotted straight in and looks pretty much brand new, although it was EUR 100 vs a new one for EUR 600. The only change that made a difference in the installation was that the bolts are now 6x16 rather that 5x12. I believe the extra wing is to support central locking. My lock now works perfectly.... I took the opportunity to grease and adjust the windows and replace a worn out window rubber whilst I was in there too. Happy days.

Name:  Door Lock 1.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  80.9 KBName:  Door Lock 2.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  88.1 KBName:  Door Lock 3.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  84.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PMNorris View Post
    Installed a new drivers door lock mechanism. I bought the lock from http://www.v-zweeden.com/ in Holland. They assured me the lock from '92 would fit my 1970 T. Despite the obvious differences in the pics and being horrified when I opened the box due to the obvious differences, it slotted straight in and looks pretty much brand new, although it was EUR 100 vs a new one for EUR 600. The only change that made a difference in the installation was that the bolts are now 6x16 rather that 5x12. I believe the extra wing is to support central locking. My lock now works perfectly.... I took the opportunity to grease and adjust the windows and replace a worn out window rubber whilst I was in there too. Happy days.

Name:  Door Lock 1.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  80.9 KBName:  Door Lock 2.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  88.1 KBName:  Door Lock 3.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  84.9 KB
    What was wrong with your old one? It looks like it just needs some TLC ...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Hi Marco,
    The old one was just worn out. The joints had become loose meaning the exterior lock didn't lock the door properly and the internal pop up button didn't pop up when the key was used and vice versa. Now its out i will give it a clean and see if its salvageable. I reckon a couple of the worn out parts simply need replacing.
    Regards
    Paul

I drove it up to San Luis Obispo. About 160 miles at a "reasonable and prudent" pace... and averaged more than 20 miles per gallon (if the fuel gage is to be believed). Not bad for a 2.7 RS spec with no thermostat on the MFI pump.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    I think I broke it.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

What??

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    I think I broke it.
    Broke it? please indulge us
    Ron