Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexico Blue and Riviera Blue...

Mexico Blue and Riviera Blue...

my car met its cousin today...
    In the second photo, you can see the Riviera Blue 993 Carrera RS is slightly lighter in shade.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1975 911S 3.2 "the blue goose"
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Easily one of my favorite colors. There are a couple 997 Turbos in the Northern Ohio area running around in that hue, and it's eye popping.

Ya... I dig it too. When people do color changes on older cars, I wonder why they never pick Mexico Blue? It's such an uncommon color.... that's part of what make it so cool.
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Love Mexico Blue. Which is why I coveted this car for a long time. Unfortunately I could never put the scratch together to make it mine.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

I remember that one.... awesome.

1973 Austin Mini
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Cool

couldn't resist this thread........yep, that's the legend getting into the old mongrel....After he stormed around the track all day, I asked him how it drove..."It's a fine little car, but I would like it more if it had a bit more castor...At the end of the day as I was leaving the legend handed me the keys and said...mind the castor will you....my response...Yes Sir !
    Attached Images Attached Images    

What were you thinking??? To give "quic-Vic" a car with insufficient castor, my God man,,,,where are your manners And when you did get that corrected was the alignment shop amazed that you drove the car with so little castor???
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

he said he liked to have a lot of castor...and went on to say...You know, I started out as a rally driver...I liked it when for example you go into a left hand turn, you could grab the wheel with your right hand at about 1:00 o'clock and give the wheel a big jerk and then when the rear end came out, you would grab the wheel with your left hand and stand on the gas.....the british version of the scandanavian flick.....mind the castor will you !

The Safety worker who rode around with the british fellow above that day told me at the end of the day there were several times during the warm up laps that he had to ask the british fellow to slow up a little so the field could catch up....Needless to say, next time that british fellow comes to town as the honorary starter, he certainly has a car to go dabbling about in...<grin>

Oh that's funny, the racers can't keep up with the "pace car" The 'ol mongrel' never had a better day
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    funny stuff
    what legends are made of
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red