Thread: pedal cluster to master cylinder question

pedal cluster to master cylinder question

I have just received my pedal cluster from Bruce Stone,..and as others have said,..just WOW! I mean I sent him the rattiest, most disgusting pedal cluster and received what looks like a new cluster. I have attached pics. of the before and after. My specific question pertains to the second picture for my 1970 911 t that I am refurbishing.

I'm planning on reinstalling today and have a specific question related to the brake post that gets inserted into the master cylinder. The second picture shows how I'm planning on setting up the brake post, doing, does that look correct? I have the post resting on the boot just for the picture.

I think the post will have the small spring resting on the adjusting nut on the brake pedal end. There is a large washer on the other end of the spring which rests on the master cylinder. Does that sound correct?

THANKS!!

Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Look at your picture of the cluster as you took it out. There is NO spring on the rod into the master cylinder. The large washer goes to the aft end of the pushrod and is what the actuating arm of the brake light switch (which you don't have installed yet) rest on so that when the brake pedal is pushed the arm will close the contacts in the brake light switch. When you install this cluster tighten the nuts at the master cylinder first, then the the two nuts holding the cluster down to the floorboard. After all is tight adjust the pushrod to have a mm of clearance into the master cylinder when the pedal is all the way back. After the install is done, but before putting the floorboard back in check for proper operation of the brake lights, you may have to readjust the switch to get them on at the right time.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

THANKS!!! Ed.

I know what my picture shows,..unfortunately, when I removed the cluster, everything kinda fell apart and I was left holding a spring, washer, ratty old cluster wondering what goes where. Now I know,...THANKS

Rich

Can you supply Bruce's contact info... I have a ratty old pedal cluster that will need rebuilding and it looks like yours was done exceptionally well...

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vtrich View Post
    THANKS!!! Ed.

I know what my picture shows,..unfortunately, when I removed the cluster, everything kinda fell apart and I was left holding a spring, washer, ratty old cluster wondering what goes where. Now I know,...THANKS

Rich

Stephen, you can reach Bruce at bdstone57@aol.com. He's located in Riverside, CA,...and has done these for cars much more glamorous than mine.

Rich

Thanks, Rich! E-mail en route!

Stephen
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrich View Post
    Stephen, you can reach Bruce at bdstone57@aol.com. He's located in Riverside, CA,...and has done these for cars much more glamorous than mine.

Rich