Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you make of my purchase?

What do you make of my purchase?

Sunroof and the Arizona rust free status were the deciding factors:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by BrentF; 04-01-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: add photo

Welcome to the board and congrats on your purchase. It sure looks like a great car and a cool color. 60K orig miles is nice even nicer is its a sunroof coupe.
    the 14 inch Fuchs I would change to 15's but that's just me. They would be deep sixes with hearts originally on this car. I know of a correct date matched set for you should you want them. All the best Richard
    Last edited by EARLY911ZOO; 01-02-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: addtl info
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

I was just in Lake Havasu Az for the holiday...
    I could have made it a longer vacation and drove the car back to you...

Have fun with your car

Thanks for the welcome and the words of congrats.

This gives more details on this car, along with lots of additional photos:

http://www.porscheplanet.net/Classif...11T%20Info.htm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This 1970 S optioned sunroof 911T coupe is a one owner California car. It has not been registered since 1978. The Michelin tires are date stamped 81. It has 58,000 original miles. It has a very Rare color (8181-H) Dunkelrot (Dark Red Metallic) and as far has we can tell it is accident free with no rust. One paint job over the original and the paint was checked with a paint gauge which showed the whole car is the same thickness. The color match is very good and it shows well. The sunroof must not have ever been opened in 20+ years. We cleaned the factory grease and it works great. It has the original dashboard with speaker hole and the working Blaupunkt radio (also original). The door pockets, door panels, upholstery, and carpets except for a small splice on passenger side are the originals. The front support tray was replaced. This car has S options, Wide deco moldings, Alloy front brake calipers, with chrome wheel well trim and 14” by 5 1/2” Fuchs alloy rims. The engine has 800 miles since top end (piston rings, valve guides, Rod bearings). It still has the Zenith carburetors and air filter. The transmission is a five speed and shifts great.
    Last edited by BrentF; 04-01-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO View Post
    Welcome to the board and congrats on your purchase. It sure looks like a great car and a cool color. 60K orig miles is nice even nicer is its a sunroof coupe.
    the 14 inch Fuchs I would change to 15's but that's just me. They would be deep sixes with hearts originally on this car. I know of a correct date matched set for you should you want them. All the best Richard
    Thanks Richard, I might take you up on that! Are deep sixes a 14" or 15" rim? (shows you what a novice I am)

Ah yes Porsche Planet, good guys for sure, very often have a nice customer's cars for sale. I viewed the photos and sure is a nice car. Has a nice original orange bar hood badge but the mirror is incorrect. that is a 72-73 small mirror you should have a large round Durant.
    the deep sixes are 15x6 with a nice heart shape at the valve stem. You certainly bought some quality, I am envious of your position.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Ah yes Porsche Planet, good guys for sure, very often have a nice customer's cars for sale.
    Thanks again, and yes Porsche Planet is surely a class act. Notice how they go to great lengths to point out the otherwise imperceptible paint flaws with arrows on the various pictures. Who does that? Very impressive. I could tell from the limited Ebay pictures combined with the Tuscon listing that this was a rust free car (as the description stated) and these additional photos nail that point along with more background on the car's history.

Hmm? I must have got up on the right side of the bed today or something?

I thought about the purchase for all of five minutes before hitting the Buy it Now button. Never thought I'd buy a car on Ebay, let alone my first Porsche.

I viewed the photos and sure is a nice car. Has a nice original orange bar hood badge but the mirror is incorrect.
    Yes, I also saw the nice original hood badge bar when I looked at the Porsche Planet photos and said to myself "Hey that's not on the car I bought", and sure enough it didn't survive the "flip" from Porsche Planet to whomever I bought it from. Oh well, can't win on every front!
    Last edited by BrentF; 01-02-2013 at 10:50 PM.

quote " I thought about the purchase for all of five minutes before hitting the Buy it Now button. Never thought I'd buy a car on Ebay, let alone my first Porsche."

that's pretty gutsy for a novice, on these boards you will not find many who agree with this sort of gamble however who am I to say this as I have done so myself plenty of times in the last 10 years.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

looking at the Ebay photos I believe its the same badge on there!
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

May be a funny thing to know is that w/ another list member I discussed this car in emails back and forth prior to you did the BIN. In other words when you see something like this, you really have to act quick because you don't know how many others are looking at it as well and by the time you have made up your mind it might have been sold. BTW I was not interested in buying it, but it looked to be a fair deal.

Congratulations on your purchase. It sure looks to be a nice car.

Richard