Thread: FS: 234hp `72 2,4S engine with RS upgrade

FS: 234hp `72 2,4S engine with RS upgrade

Hi guy`s
    want to sell this:

1972 2,4 S engine ( 63221xx - 911 / 53 ) with 2,7 RS upgrade and 234 crank horse power

What has been done:

crank case
    1. soda blasted
    2. machined to +0,25
    3. rounded cylinder mounting to improve air flow as done in factory race cases

crank / cam
    1. grinded to - 0,25
    2. balanced with flywheel
    3. counter balanced connecting rods
    4. 2,7 RS cams

piston / cylinder
    1. original 2,7 RS piston and cylinder in very good used condition, completed with new piston ring set

heads
    1. complete rebuild with new intake and exhaust valves
    2. compression ratio 9,5 : 1
    3. 37mm intake diameter
    35mm outtake

carbs
    1. new gasket set
    2. soda blasted
    3. 34mm venturi
    4. new jet setting tested on dynometer

The dynosetting has been done last week with a result of 234 hp at 6.400 rpm with stock exhaust, so if you complete it with some wider diameter exhaust it might run up to 250 hp. The engine is able to run 7.000 rpm, so it might be possible that it still has these hp now.
    It will be delivered as seen on pictures, ready to install ( without exhaust ) in a wooden box on a palett.

Price: 18.000 $ OBO + delivery worldwide

More pictures on request

running engine video

DSC00484.jpg

CCF24102012_00000.jpg

DSC03900.jpg

Interesting motor. What's the full engine number? Someone on this board may be looking for it to restore their S. Thanks for listing.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Thanks
    the last digit`s are 03, so 6322103. It is an very early case number and also there`s a little mysterie with that one: I bought the empty case from a friend of mine and wanted to complete it with all original 2,4s parts. Putting it back together I recognize that the spigots have been drilled up for 2,7 cylinder diameter but there are no signs for that. The spigots are definetly stock. I have talked to one of the author of the legendary carrera rs book - he told me that porsche did some test for new parts in the running production, so it could be that this case have been used to test the new nicasil coated cylinders of the carrera rs ( think about the late serial number ).
    Unfortunately there´s nothing listed in the Porsche archive but I found out that the engine has been installed in a silver coupe that has been first delivered to Munich in Germany.

Marco

Ah, the "RS Test Engine" previously discussed on PP
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ed-2-7-rs.html
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Yes you`re right, once it was discussed on PP...

Now that would go great in my 912!!!!