Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's a '67 worth?

What's a '67 worth?

With seeing a recent '67 911S that needed just a bit of work selling for under $60k, is this car worth the same? I've been looking at an early 911 to purchase for a while and quite frankly the wide range of pricing these cars are posted at confounds me!

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3458503550.html

In the last year, I haven't seen many 67 Ss available for under $60K in need of total restoration let alone just a bit of work.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Quote Originally Posted by schnell View Post
    I've been looking at an early 911 to purchase for a while and quite frankly the wide range of pricing these cars are posted at confounds me!

Do you think my wife is pretty?

There are so many variables and condition(s) of 45+ year old cars, it's nye impossible to value/price consistently.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

second that.

I would love to buy a couple more 67S. Everytime I look at one that is less than $100k it has serious issues. The car I am restoring now has taught me (WAY TOO) much about what money pits these early cars are. Not to mention all the places the rust hides.

There is NO such thing as an early rust free car unless its been gone through correctly. These little buggers hide rust everywhere.

A decent, safe running non-rusty 1967S is easily $95-100k. A nice car with missing details and maybe dodgy paint (or interior) is worth $105-135. Above that the car has to be very original with all the impossible to find details being correct. Car has to be near perfect. A true #1 car as they say. A #1 car is worth $165-200k. If the car is exceptional and special historically it will sell (eventually) for over $200k.

Oh by the way...the car in the CL ad above...is NOT a S.

Non-S cars, that one maybe priced right.

BTW, This $60,000 non-S on Craigslist has a 1965 engine #900431 as per the seller.

I wasn't implying that the car I posted was the "S" for $60k, I was asking if this normal '67 would even be worth the amount of money he's asking which was close to a '67 "S" recently posted for sale. The 911S I mentioned for $60k was this one that sold last week:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...11s-CA-Located

Oh, apologies for posting an active 911 craigslist ad in the for sale section, I didn't realize it belonged in "general info".

That seemed to be priced and sold right. The seller reports the car needs restored...to properly restore one of these things its..$100k.
    Using this sale as an example:
    $60k purchase price
    Next addassuming a non-shop or DIY'er)
    Paint and body can range from $20-50k depending on whats needed. Amount of tin rot etc.
    Engine/ trans will run ya around $30-40k.
    Suspension, underside $10k
    Wheels redone correctly $1500-2k. (Add tires)
    Interior done correctly ASSUMING all the impossible to find bits are there $10-20k.
    Etc, etc.

I think that car is over priced. You should be able to find a nice SWB Normal that needs very little for 60K with matching numbers. Seller says the car is Sand Biege...looks like light yellow to me. This car is rough. I would keep looking...For 60K I think you can do much better with a little patience. An "S" is a different story.