Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And you thought Porsche prices were getting silly...

And you thought Porsche prices were getting silly...

Stumbled upon this tonight. Has 44 bids so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-WHEELS-R...item27cec523b8
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

10 grand for one Hot Wheel?

Then I wonder how much my race track is worth
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tim G

Early S Reg #1017
    RGruppe #663

73 911T 3.2
    00 Ducati 996 Track Rat
    01 Ducati S4 Monster

Beach Bomb

Seller's eBay schtick . . .

. . . UP FOR AUCTION IS MY HOT WHEELS REDLINE GENUINE AUTHENTIC REAR LOADER VOLKSWAGEN BEACH BOMB IN GREEN. WHITE INTERIOR, CLEAR GLASS, ORIGINAL SURF BOARDS. PERFECT CONDITION. NO WEAR, NO ISSUES WITH THE PAINT, THE BASE OR THE WHEELS. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL . . .

. . . THE HISTORICAL TRAIL AND CORRESPONDING PICTURES OF THIS VEHICLE HAVE BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED IN BOOKS AND ON WEBSITES, AS MANY OF YOU WHO ARE READING THIS ALREADY KNOW. THIS PARTICULAR PIECE OF HOT WHEELS HISTORY INITIALLY RESIDED IN THE COLLECTION OF A FORMER MATTEL EMPLOYEE LIVING IN ARIZONA AND WAS SUBSEQUENTLY PURCHASED AS PART OF AN EARLY MAJOR 'FIND' BY A PROMINENT CALIFORNIA COLLECTOR. I PURCHASED THIS BEACH BOMB FROM HIM IN 1998-1999. IT WAS ONE OF MANY THAT I OWNED AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER. IN 2006, I EXPERIENCED SOME WELL DOCUMENTED EVENTS IN MY PERSONAL LIFE, AND ULTIMATELY SOLD MY COLLECTION TO TWO OTHER CALIFORNIA COLLECTORS/INVESTORS . . .

. . . UNFORTUNATELY AT THAT TIME, THIS VEHICLE WAS PART OF A BOX OF ITEMS (ALL ACTUAL EMPLOYEE CARS, PROTOTYPES, RESINS, PLAQUES, AWARDS), THAT WENT MISSING FROM MY HOME. AFTER 6 YEARS OF INVESTIGATION AND SEARCHING, THESE ITEMS WERE ALL RETURNED TO ME INTACT AND UNDAMAGED. I WILL BE LISTING THEM ALL OVER THE NEXT DAY OR SO . . .

. . . THIS BEACH BOMB IS AVAILABLE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. IT IS TOTALLY GENUINE, ORIGINAL AND AUTHENTIC. IT IS NOT A FAKE, COPY OR REPRODUCTION IN ANY WAY. LOOK AT THE PICTURES. THEY ARE A PERFECT FORENSIC MATCH TO THOSE PRIOR PHOTOS TAKEN OF THIS CAR IN THE PAST. YOU WILL RECEIVE THE ACTUAL BEACH BOMB SHOWN AND TAGGED IN THESE PICTURES. PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE PRIOR TO BIDDING. THERE ARE NO EXCHANGES OR RETURNS FOR THIS ITEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS, I CAN MEET UP WITH THE WINNING BIDDER, FOR AN IN PERSON DELIVERY, ONCE FUNDS HAVE CLEARED. IF THE BUYER PREFERS DELIVERY, REGISTERED AND INSURED USPS WILL BE UTILIZED. I AM OPEN TO BUY IT NOW OFFERS, BUT PLEASE BE REALISTIC. YOU WILL SEE FROM SOME OF THE OTHER ITEMS I WILL BE LISTING, THAT THESE ARE ALL A PART OF MATTEL HISTORY . . .

>3500 views, too

Sheesh
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

I did some work for a Hot Wheels collector one time. I sold his Newport Pace Set for something like $40 and he wasn't thrilled. Kept saying it worth at least $400. He also kept telling me how he had one of the most expensive collections in the world. Not I know for sure he was full of it.

SOLD for $11,759.88 with 50 bids. WTF?!?
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    SOLD for $11,759.88 with 50 bids. WTF?!?
    I'm with you there. I would have given it to my four year niece to play with and been none the wiser.

"THUNK" ..... that's the sound of my jaw hitting the table ..... wow! Really? US $11,759.88 .....

Haasman
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Banned
    First of all, Tom I want to know how you have time to scour ebay for $11k children's toys.
    Second: It's time to bust open the 45 year old box in my garage labled "Hot Wheels".

Hot Wheels Prototype.

Robert

I remember using black markers to color in the red lines on the tires when I was a kid. I thought it looked cooler that way. I need to go see my mom and have her help me track down that old box of Hot Wheels.