Thread: SWB stub axle for trailing arm dimensions please

SWB stub axle for trailing arm dimensions please

anyone have a set out of their car lying around that could take some measurements for me?

here is a photo with the one on the Left being the one of interest.

need mainly axle shaft diameter and spline count but would also like to get overall shaft length to end of spline, and length of splined section.

thanks

Name:  IMG_64181229280843.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  46.7 KB
    68 912 - R inspired - 2.0L-4 turbo 18psi
    RGruppe #455
    S Reg #1539

We just started to manufacture a batch of these shafts to match up with the Hubs that we have just completed.

We will also make the transxle side at the same time.

The final stage will be a new axle with a CV Joints that has the original amount of plunge.

can you make one with a 930 flanged stub axle? i was going to try to take a conversion stub axle that the dune buggy / vw world makes for their conversions to run 930 cv/axles and have it milled with the swb stub axle dimensions. then i can say good by to the 5 speed 901 for my project
    RGruppe #455
    S Reg #1539

Ron,

Shouldn't be too difficult and I had been considering making such a part but the demand would be difficult to predict.

I will reply to your PM with more information.

chirs,
    awesome! this should make this project much simplier. btw here is the conversion stub axle the dunebuggy/vw guys are using in their set ups to use the 930 axles/cv. i have a buddy who has one and the took some measurements for me.

Name:  IMG_0182.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  57.1 KB
    RGruppe #455
    S Reg #1539

Ron

Why don't you come by the shop and borrow a couple of stub axles and you can measure to your heart's content.

Regards

Jim

jim is the man! thanks
    RGruppe #455
    S Reg #1539