Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '68 t

'68 t

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying this 68T. Seller told me it's never been restored apart from a respray on the fender rear left. (maybe small collision)
    some metal work needs to be done on the chassis, but rest is most surface rust. I still need to go and see the car in person.
    What do you guys think, what's this one worth, flaws or incorrect parts? has an original 5-speed trans and S-instruments.

Thanks, Tim

Name:  PORSCHE 074.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  225.6 KBName:  PORSCHE 071.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  184.6 KBName:  P1010071.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  161.7 KBName:  P1010073 - Copie.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  114.4 KBName:  P1010075.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  158.8 KB

Looks remarkably good, down to the engine decals. You have some goofy door speakers to deal with.
    To my eye, both doors don't seem to fit well. Pass side appears to have sagged. Drivers side doesn't fit at all (could be the left rear panel though)
    Missing the headrests. Dash is warped. Antenna is original. So too appears the radio.
    Last edited by NorthernThrux; 01-23-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Yeh Tim, you want to get rid of that horrible,wide, incorrect bumper deco. Totally spoils the car
    If you buy it give me a call and I will take it off your hands no problem

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    67S, 68L, 68S front and rear bumper rubber and deco....kinda cool, wonder how that found it's way onto the car.

e
    Speculation, but it may have been in an acccident (rear ender and pushed into the car in front). Would also explain the doors not quite fitting square. Check the lower pan and rockers for signs of buckling.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Seller told me that the S-trim was an option, maybe like the s-tachos? I lso noticed the doors. Will definitely check for buckling.
    Car was sold in Germany and went then 2 years later to the usa. SO that might be the reason for the US-lights.
    Now the big question, what's this approx worth?

I would find it amazing that being driven on Europe's salty roads that the chassis isn't rotted, but if somehow it isn't I'd say you can't get hurt in the low to upper twenties (U.S. dollars that is)
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Yeah, S trim was an option. But then the strip under the door would also be S.

Also, the round torsion bar tube covers on the bottom rear of the door area, those should be circled in black rubber. From the picture they look body color. That would also be a sign of a repaint - and a poor one at that.

I'm not too familiar with dashes of that era. Would a T be silver like that? I thought that was a 912 only type of dash.

You guys are slipping

Yes, it's a repaint-- see the texture on the LR fender (identified by OP). See how the engine lid is rubbing against the left rear quarter, rubbing the paint off? Also, the rubber strip between the rear bumper and the center panel is missing (Thanks Ed!) Wouldn't a T by 1968 have had rubber strips on the over-riders? I think these came in in 1967.

SWB should have flat black under engine lid grille-- did the center bar disappear in the middle of 1968? I don't see a center bar and I don't see an early SWB grille, but I think these came in toward the end of the SWB run.

See the clips that hold the license plate wire? They are silver cad-- should be black.

Are those original seats? They look like LWB, can't really tell but it looks like the black recline switch is present. 68 had headrests but they are obviously not here

Looks like USA speedometer and the rest of the gauges look like L, not T.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

woow guys, some of you have really good eyes and all that knowledge. Well, he is asking almost 47k for this one, although that is asking price.
    So it is almost sure that it had an accident in the past.

I don't think any of these comments are reasons not to buy the car. However, if some of them are true, it does open the question about the seller's ignorance or honesty.

As always, having a third party inspect it for mechanical and structural issues is the only way to get any comfort - and even then there is risk.

47K? In what country's currency?