Thread: worth chasing RSR molds

worth chasing RSR molds

Guys, I have a very good lead on the original factory RSR flare and bumper tooling. There are nice reproduction parts out there, so I even bother chasing this stuff? Trying to judge interest here.

Thanks

~J~
    air cooled only

chase it . if you need a hand im in !

What would be the advantage? Wouldn't these be 'reproductions' also - ? In steel or 'glass?
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Hmm Also pressed on what supposed to be original molds
    so how many molds did they made for 49 cars :-)

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ighlight=marek

On stock

Marek

Interesting point marek. These were recently (as in last week) discovered in an attic in Germany, not too far from Stuttgart. They have been there for at LEAST 30 years as far as the owner can remember; they are covered in dust (just like the rest of the stuff up there; some of it has been there since just after WWII). He is cleaning house now because of his age. Gentleman had close ties to the factory, so I guess I have to take his word for it. These would be steel.

Judging by the price of repros, I think I will take effort to pursue this a bit more.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~J~
    air cooled only

well from experience I can tell, one thing is to have the tooling
    one thing is to find a company, that can / want to mount, and take there time, to make bracket conversions ,test press !
    and its not cheap ,

ask Porsche , they got all the org old Karmann tooling , but a very few, can make something out of it
    these toolings have been traveling the last years , all over the world with out big succes

Marek

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    well from experience I can tell, one thing is to have the tooling
    one thing is to find a company, that can / want to mount, and take there time, to make bracket conversions ,test press !
    and its not cheap ,

ask Porsche , they got all the org old Karmann tooling , but a very few, can make something out of it
    these toolings have been traveling the last years , all over the world with out big succes

Marek
    This is true ... and the parts coming out of the "original tooling" are pretty awful to work with.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Hi!

Did you make some progress with your "hunt"? maybe other interstings things in this "attic"

Can you tell a bit more?

Olivier.