Page 116 of 275 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2746

Thread: 911S/911L Cars for Sale

There was so much wrong with the targa.... Fair beginning for restoration, but a light year from being excellent.

I still don't understand this.
    Last edited by MY00; 04-23-2015 at 11:23 PM.
    Kind regards,

René

I am purchasing a 67S. It was sold as all matching numbers by a long time private owner. However upon a more detailed review the transmission is non matching. All other panels, engine, etc match up.
    The price was agreed to (verbally) as all matching numbers. It is a #3 car.
    I have an opportunity to renegotiate with the new information about the transmission. He may say he still wants the same price.
    My question is what price adjustment would be appropriate with this new information?

The better question...would you walk from the car over something you can only see when you're under the car? Choose wisely, grasshopper. Good luck with your purchase and post some pictures.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Good Thoughts Peter,
    I plan on keeping it for a long time. But you never know when you might want to sell.
    I'm paying 10k more then where I wanted to be but this was his lowest figure.
    Glad its not the engine that is non match.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by brookedale091462 View Post
    Good Thoughts Peter,
    I plan on keeping it for a long time. But you never know when you might want to sell.
    I'm paying 10k more then where I wanted to be but this was his lowest figure.
    Glad its not the engine that is non match.
    Dennis
    You're creating a whole new category. "Number matching, except for the XXXX" or "the YYY". Set the price, include premium for number matching, then deduct for non-number matching.
    It is either numbers matching, or it isn't. Just because the trans number is underneath the car doesn't except it.
    That's a bit like "If nobody opens the engine lid, they can't see the motor number...
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

You can't drive dollar bills...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I agree 100% Brian,
    It has left me with a bit of a quandary. I have been meeting with the seller for weeks and going over the cars needs. When he said numbers matching I confirmed the engine and other items sitting on pallets. I did not check the tranny yet. last night he emailed that the tranny "might not be matching numbers". I think he is an honest guy and has owned it for decades. I was at 100k, he wanted 120. We agreed on 110.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    You're creating a whole new category. "Number matching, except for the XXXX" or "the YYY". Set the price, include premium for number matching, then deduct for non-number matching.
    It is either numbers matching, or it isn't. Just because the trans number is underneath the car doesn't except it.
    That's a bit like "If nobody opens the engine lid, they can't see the motor number...

Maybe this is the wrong section of the forum to discuss this? As it is not a car that is for sale, but sold already privately? Or do you care to share the ad with us?
    Is it a car, or a collection of parts on pallets (as you seem to describe it above)?
    Mbr # 2902

good point Robbe. I agree. If it becomes for sale because I pass I will convey that. It was really just a question about how much other experts would take off for a match engine car with a no match transmission.
    If I had not been caught off guard by the revelation about the tranny I would have completed the transaction and happily posted pics with story of my new find.
    I'll let is transpire one way or another before posting more.
    thanks
    Dennis