Thread: 930 marked 4 bearing cam tower on a 2.7SS

930 marked 4 bearing cam tower on a 2.7SS

Guy's,

Also have this over on PP

Collecting parts for a rebuild and mods on a 2.7SS.

I used the search on both sites and am more confused now then when I started.

I picked up some 4 Bearing Cam Towers with 930 cast numbers. Can I use these on a 2.7SS motor? Or do I need to find some of the 901 marked 4 Bearing Cam Towers?

When I order the cams they will be 4 bearing and would be 49mm, correct? That's if I can use these towers.

If not, I would need to find the 901 marked 4 Bearing Cam Tower and mod for oiling if used with a four bearing cam? And this would be a 47mm cam, correct?

If I can use these 930 marked cam towers are any mods required, if yes I will send them out with the aluminum case going to Ollies.

Thanks for any help with this.

Jimmy

What size cam bearings do you have? That should determine which cam housings you need. As best I know they are interchangeable. I think there was one year (76-77?) that used a four bearing 47 mm housing.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I have not ordered the cams yet. With the 930 cam towers, the cam would need to have 49mm bearings.

So if the 930 marked towers will work, it would be easier, I have them and they need no mods, just order the cams in 49mm bearing size.... Sound about rught?

Thanks,

Jimmy

I sure can't think of any modifications that would be necessary.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Similar Threads

1. FS: NOS Bosch marked LWB lenses
    By route66kix in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 06:13 PM
  2. FS: NOS swf marked made in germany early wiper blades 64-67
    By route66kix in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 02:03 PM