Thread: For Sale 72 T Coupe

For Sale 72 T Coupe

Hi Guys

I'm doing a favour for mate who is reluctantly putting his extremely nice UK delivered RHD coupe. Although UK delivered it was bought an Aussie over there and brought back to Australia upon his return in '74.

I know this car pretty well and it is honestly one for the first cars I'd have a look at if I had to replace mine. There is no rust. It is matching numbered, has all the maroon delivery books, and pouches and a great documented history with very few (if any) gaps. It also has it's near perfect original leather Recaro sport seats as delivered with the car (it has a full black leather interior option) - they are in bubble wrap and stored as Scott has left a pair of glass Velo (?) track seats in there. The attached photos are what I've quickly grabbed and will get some interior shots and some of the Recaros later in the week - PM me if any specific photos are sought and I'll make sure to take shots.

Scott has only used this car occasionally in last few years for regularity events with PCQ. I've got no affiliation or interest in the car. If condition is sought over the E or S badge then this is worth a look.

All questions/dealing needs to be done directly with Scott.

He's provided the following background on the car...

Summary of Features
    · 5 speed manual
    · 2.7 Carrera spec engine
    · Power sunroof
    · Power windows
    · Factory recaro seats
    · Factory alloys including spare
    · Original log books

Introduction
    This 1972 911T was purchased some 11 years ago. In that time I have also owned a GT3, a 930 Turbo and a Carrera but this little car has always remained my pride and joy. It was the subject of a complete engine rebuild to 2.7 Carrera standard in 1990 (which has placed a real sting in its tail), and a complete body restoration in 1995. As a result, my 911 runs beautifully and the body is perfect. The suspension steering and brakes are all faultless. Apart from the upgrade engine, the vehicle has been maintained in original condition. It is a fine example of the classic 911 with full matching numbers

History
    1972 (May) – Delivered to first owner in England
    1974 – Purchased by an Australian on contract in England and used to tour Europe
    1975 – Imported into Australia by the same Australian owner on completion of his UK contract
    1987 – Purchased by previous owner and used as daily transport
    1990 – Complete engine rebuild completed to 2.7 Carrera specifications following damaged caused by a dropped cam chain at 127237 miles
    1990 – Shortly after the engine rebuild was completed, the vehicle was placed in storage at 132239 miles while the owner was based in the USA
    1993 (May) – Removed from storage and used as daily transport
    1994 (June) – Replaced by previous owner as daily transporter by new car and decision made to carry out a complete body and interior restoration at 140000 miles. Work commenced to reduce to rolling shell.
    1995 – Bare metal repaint and interior work completed
    1996 – Returned to register
    1996 – 2001 – Driven purely for weekend recreation
    2001 – 2002 - Placed in storage in Manly while previous owner overseas
    2002 – 2013 – In my stewardship

Engine
    While driving during late 1989 the engine suffered major damage after the right hand cam chain became decoupled from its camshaft. Due to the significant amount of work and replacement parts required to fix the engine, a decision was made to upgrade the motor to improve power and longevity rather than rebuilding it as a 2.4T.

After much research it was decided by the previous owner to rebuild to 2.7 Carrera specifications while maintaining the original carburettors (albeit with larger jets). All new parts were used including pistons, barrels, cams, oil pump, valves etc. Modern upgrades were incorporated where available such as hydraulic chain tensioners and phosphor bronze valve guides, being just two examples. The result was basically a brand new engine build around the original case.

The whole rebuild process cost in excess of $16,000 in 1990. The result is a very smooth and strong engine making this classic a wolf in sheep’s clothing!

The engine and gearbox were then completely overhauled by T and D , Brisbane in 2002. Don Munro knows the car intimately and will act as referee with respect to it.

Body & Interior
    The vehicle was taken off the road in 1994 and gradually reduced to a rolling shell, including the removal of the engine, all glass and interior. It was then handed over to the experts and subjected to a complete strip, repair as necessary and repaint in its original colour. What little rust was evident was removed and replaced with metal or lead wiped. The engine bay was also detailed.

When it returned from the body shop there followed the fitment of:-

· The original side and rear deck trim panels
    · New carpet to the interior and boot
    · A new headlining
    · A new windscreen
    · All new rubbers
    · New engine bay soundproofing

The result is a pristine body and almost new interior. Cost in excess of $12,000 in 1995/1996 (no allowance made for time and effort).

$75,000

Owner – Scott 0412 073 136
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

A couple more relevant photos...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

Bumping. I've asked Scott to put the original recaros back into the car. I will grab some better photos this week/end including the interior, and try to capture the yellow accurately.

This car is in a similar bracket as Ryan's recently sold Targa. It's an unmolested RHD Coupe, numbers matching with full history. The improved engine is fully documented - there's no secrets with this car.
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

Any interior shots?

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo View Post
    Any interior shots?
    Hi Cosmo

I'm working on it. Just having trouble with time at the moment...
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga