Thread: FS: RSR replica tub and parts

FS: RSR replica tub and parts

I'm abandoning this RSR project; it's a 70E that I was going to build as a track car. Tub is prepped and exterior primered - just requires a final cleanup before paint and coatings. The tub includes a real 2.8 RSR BEhr oil cooler faired into the nose, and factory aluminum doorskins. This can still be made into a street car - it's a rust free, straight tub with title. I even have the matching # engine case.
    I have all the parts - used and new, but all nice - to make this into a complete car - too much to list; here's a sample;

complete Lexan or glass window set
    Smart racing swaybars front and rear
    Fox adjustable spindle coilovers front/rear with many spring sets.
    BBS E26 magnesium wheels, with a variety of BBS shells to size them perfectly
    Smart racing front oil tank, or stock tank
    Fitted fiberglass hood, bumpers, fenders.
    RS or IROC tail
    Fuchs 3 piece wheels
    STock 915 shifter or Rennshift
    Fitted Fuelsafe 17 gallon cell, or stock tank
    930 brakes and MC

If I don't get a serious buyer for all of this in February, I'll be parting it out. 20k for all
    Parts list and pics on request
    Last edited by hesaputz; 02-02-2013 at 08:55 AM.

A few more items; I'll sell this as a tub/chassis - it comes with the RSR front cooler, the aluminum skinned doors, and all the fitted and prepped fiberglass. The price for this is 10k (depending on exactly what you want), and goes up from there according to what's added. I could make it a roller, or you could just buy all the stuff I've accumulated and sell off the excess.

Any pictures? Pics sell 10x more than with out.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

I pm'd but got no answer. Been a couple days.
    jonathan
    hwgunner
    gprparts

I'll put up some pics tomorrow, and email out the parts list. this damned day job I have is absolutely killing my Porsche career.
    Last edited by hesaputz; 02-08-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Ok - here's some more info and pics.
    The tub is currently at the mechanical shop, with doors and lids removed. We're doing a final bit of welding and fabricating before paint. It's fully prepped and primered on top, from the windshield back, and the fiberglass, doors, and bumpers have been fitted. I plan on moving it back to the body shop soon, final cleaning the interior, compartments and bottom, putting it all in primer. There is no rust, and the tub has a rear shock x member from a '74 welded in, allowing the use of aluminum trailing arms and coilovers.
    The tub includes;

Clear OK title
    matching # engine block, and whatever other engine pieces are up there (green shroud, oil cooler, etc.
    Behr 2.8 RSR front cooler
    Aluminum skinned doors
    All glass, inckluding windows and regulators
    door hardware and handles
    Instruments
    Fiberglass bumpers, hood, fenders, 2 tails (Iroc and RS)
    wiper motor and trans
    blower box
    gas tank
    RSR front strut brace
    Misc lights and hardware

The tub is currently caged, but it can be half removed for those who want a roll bar only.
    P1000225.jpg
    P1000227.jpg
    P1000228.jpg
    P1000230.jpg
    P1000243.jpg

I have a list of parts, accumulated over the last 10 years, to turn this into a complete car; I've sent it to those who've requested - if you want the list, please send me your email address. I will not be selling parts separtely until the tub is sold.

10k for tub 20k for everything, tub plus parts list
    Anything in between is negotiable.

Does it have metal flares?
    Thanks,
    Chad
    911ST Race Car w/2.5L SS race motor.
    1972 911 T- Original numbers car- restoring it
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Chassis #20; Car Number #02
    2011 Porsche Spyder Wht/Blk/ Carbon Fiber Buckets (Sold)