Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manitoba early porsche scene

Be careful importing a car from the USA into Canada, especially newer ones. On Pelican Parts Canada forum there is a thread on how to import:
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/canad...to-canada.html
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Be careful importing a car from the USA into Canada, especially newer ones. On Pelican Parts Canada forum there is a thread on how to import:
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/canad...to-canada.html
    Thanks Dave - much appreciated

Well I'm here and the car is here. Going to get safetied tomorrow then it will be tucked up for the winter.

You don't realize this yet, but winter in Winterpeg starts after Labour Day !

Welcome to Canaduh.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    You don't realize this yet, but winter in Winterpeg starts after Labour Day !

Welcome to Canaduh.
    bla bla bla about the weather

Definitely winter here - been below -25 for weeks It's actually not that bad, except not being able to drive the 911 for fear of getting it side swiped by someone with zero snow driving ability!

I drive my Cayman S all winter, but no snow or salt shall ever touch my 911S. Even though it is all galvanized and well primered. Resist the urge !
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    I drive my Cayman S all winter, but no snow or salt shall ever touch my 911S. Even though it is all galvanized and well primered. Resist the urge !
    dont worry it's going no where until the snow has gone

Now that your car has been cryogenically treated @ -50C for a week or two, let me say hello and welcome to Winnipeg. Not much happens car wise until the roads are clear of snow and we have had a good rain or two to wash the salt and gravel away. Here's a link to a umbrella organization of car clubs. http://www.maac.cc/ In there you will find a list of almost every car club in Manitoba and links to their various web sites.

Hey Bruce, nice to see you pop up again. How is it going with your 69?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by GWN7 View Post
    Now that your car has been cryogenically treated @ -50C for a week or two, let me say hello and welcome to Winnipeg. Not much happens car wise until the roads are clear of snow and we have had a good rain or two to wash the salt and gravel away. Here's a link to a umbrella organization of car clubs. http://www.maac.cc/ In there you will find a list of almost every car club in Manitoba and links to their various web sites.
    thanks for the welcome . Thanks also for the link - also useful info on the front page re insurance.