Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Restored Early grills...64-73

FS: Restored early decklid grills...64-73

Disclaimer up front...these are all original grills that have been repaired/restored. They are not NOS...they all have patina. So no, these are not repops. I take the grills apart, repair the hardware (studs), sandblast and repaint and reassemble. I create grills that I would be happy to wear on my decklid...like this one which is not for sale Pics, description and prices are posted in the following post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by speedo; 03-12-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    registry# 1283

Grills cont...

The grills will fit the correct year decklids, but as they have been disassembled, repaired and reassembled with new hardware, the fit may/will be tight to the decklid, so you will need to gently massage them into place. The following pictures show a five bar, a three bar and two SWB grills. The five and three bar grills have fresh paint and rivets on the verticals. The five has the original annodization on the horizontal vanes (with some scratches), and the three has a brushed aluminum finish like the 2.2 grill in the first post. The first SWB grill has been painted, with the aluminum acorn nuts replaced with SS acorn nuts. The second SWB grill has had the mesh removed from behind the grill. Prices...
    Five (1970-73) $ 400
    Three (1968-69) $ 400
    SWB w mesh (1964-68) $ 375
    SWB w/o mesh (1964-68) $275
    I have only shown the top pics of the grills. If you want to see detailed pics of the vanes and verticals with the fresh rivets, and or the backs with the studs, PM me with your email.
    Prices obo plus shipping.

Speedo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    registry# 1283

Bump anyways....
    So for the purists...and there are maybe one or two on the board I wondered if anyone caught the badge that doesn't exist.

Speedo
    registry# 1283

The 2.2 badge did catch my attention. It would look good on my 2.2S. Do you make them yourself?

Marco,
    I made it for my 70 SWT. Just had to sacrifice a couple 2.4 emblems...but they deserved it
    registry# 1283

Need a grill? Bump
    registry# 1283

SWB w/o mesh SOLD...thanks Bill.
    registry# 1283

Quote Originally Posted by speedo View Post
    Marco,
    I made it for my 70 SWT. Just had to sacrifice a couple 2.4 emblems...but they deserved it
    I have one of these myself

Had to overcome a severe case of badge envy...
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

hi speedo, pm'd you on the grill. thanks.

speedo...do you need anymore grills for rebuilds....I have a 64-68 w/mesh I need to sell...it needs the usual studs, etc...thanks