Just after a bit of feed back really as per the title.
I've owned quite a few air cooled 911's over the years but never owned or driven a SWB car.
I've never been or will be into the water cooled stuff.
A good few years ago I owned a white with blue 2.7RS rep based on a 1973 2.4E which is the closest I have been.
What are they like for heating and ventilation. I'm guessing with the '66' running webers it will have a nice induction roar. Do they feel very nervous although this to a degree is probably down to a good geometry set up and fettled suspension.
Comfort. My old mate got rid of the seats in his 2.2S years ago in favour of some race seats. He said the originals were too uncomfortable. Are there any modern day retro equivalents out there that are better.
Although I have a long way to go. My initial thoughts.
My first task with the '66' is to refurbish the shell. It is a non sunroof car. Remove all rot and treat the shell with maybe an e-coating (still unsure about this) to prevent the rot re occuring as best I can. Gearbox has already been rebuilt. Engine will be stripped, inspected and rebuilt as necessary. If they can be tweaked it will be tweaked for torque and not absolute horse power. I am not looking to race it. Full suspension and brake refresh.
Interior. Standard dash but maybe lightweight door cards, seats to be decided upon. I'm open to suggestions
Here is my 3.2 Carrera Super Sport that was built from a rot free 1989 road car with 68,000 miles on the clock.