Thread: Snakes amoung us. (A minor cautionary tale.)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Paid Member # 1991

Snakes amoung us. (A minor cautionary tale.)

I recently purchased a 911 body part from a fellow member that I specifically stipulated OEM and not repro. Guess what I got? Although the pics posted in the FS thread were accurate and the seller was very careful not to outright lie, detail clues when it arrived revealed it was not what I was led to believe. I did my due dilligance, the member is not a complete newb, and I was as explicit as I could be in asking if it was genuine OEM and not a repop. Although possible, it is very hard for me to believe this was an honest mistake. Especially, since the sales thread was deleted shortly after the sale was completed.

I have filed a dispute with PayPal and I've given the seller a chance to make good. We'll see what happens. I realize this is the Internet. I am realistic about a little fudging. I guess I was lulled into a little too much trust in our little community, since I've had multiple good transactions here. The real irony is I posted a follow-up in the FS thread about how smoothly the transaction had gone in comparison to a sh1tstorm that was simultaneously raging over a totally different sale gone bad. I couldn't figure out why this posting was deleted and assumed the mod didn't want any comments related to the ongoing storm, even though I had only drawn a complimentary comparison. I now realize it almost certainly was my seller friend who deleted his own post and not the mod.

Anyone who wants the particulars around this transaction can PM me.

- MR
    Last edited by MountainRoads; 02-19-2013 at 09:12 PM.