Thread: Does anyone in CA know this 72

mad scientist

Does anyone in CA know this 72

Saw this car on PP. Pictures were taken in the parking lot at RRIV. I would love some more details about the build. It just struck a chord with me.

Thanks

1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

Nice...yes, more details please. Long hood, turbo, hot rod...yes please. I have not seen this one before.
    1976 Turbo Carrera

Lightbulb

Car and builder/owner are local to SoCal..... Nice guy, nice build, car has had the transplant and in this configuration for a very long time....

I remember seeing it for the first time on display at a POC car show at Willow Springs, and then it showed up for the S Registry's 10th Anniversary Las Vegas event in 2001....

I think Dave B of TRE can answer more questions about the car and owner...

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

mad scientist
    Thanks Chuck for the additional information. I will wait and see if Dave B will respond or perhaps the owner.
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

This is a friend of mines car ,he's had it for some time I think it's a seventy two ,he actually worked at TRE as a mechanic back ten or fifteen years ago.
    The pumpkin as we afectionately call it has had turbo power for some time earlier on a 3.6 with a large turbo that has been revised with a spare 3.3 turbo
    at present.
    my buddies name is Tim he has his own shop in Long beach named UFO Motorsports some may have heard of it.
    I think that shot was RRIV ? pretty sure we were both there..
    Along with numerous suspension and interior upgrades it's always been a pretty quick piece of kit,he likely won't appreciate my discussing his baby so anymore he'll have to post...Bert