Thread: FS: RS Air Bottle

FS: RS Air Bottle

Hi,

I only have a few RS Air Bottles left to sell. I thought I'd post here before going to other forums.
    I will bring the remaining Air Bottles to the Lit show in LA this weekend if you prefer to get one from me.
    Not sure if we'll run (Mike D and I) another batch of these as the prices have gone up again to produce and the amount needed to commit too.

For those who don't know what they are, a description is below and pictures are attached.

I accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Paypal as payment.
    If in person, cash is OK.

Information on the RS Air Bottle:

These RS Air Bottles have been reproduced to look correct to the originals but with added safety measures.

The original bottles were filled with liquid CO2 at 800psi. If you look closely at an original bottle you will see that there is no regulator. As a result, you would effectively screw the hose onto your tire and unleash 800psi into the tire. This is not a safe, nor effective way to make sure you have the correct tire pressure. Another problem with these early bottles is that they lack any pressure safety on the valve itself. Without an overfill safety, these bottles cannot be legally or safely filled.

These reproduction bottles have an integrated safety valve and an in line regulator which can be screwed on when you are ready to use the bottle. The regulator lowers the air pressure down to 80psi which is the correct (and safe) way to fill a tire. By making the regulator and hose removable, this preserves the correct vintage look, but gives all of the safety of the modern design.

The labels have been reproduced and are identical to the original labels. The bottles are shipped empty and with the regulator and hose included. Also available are period correct tan and black tire straps for an additional cost to give that complete look to your car. A must have item to finish off your Porsche 911 or 912 front compartment!

RS AIR BOTTLE: $275 USD
    STRAP SET: $55 USD
    BOTTLE AND STRAPS: $320 USD

Contact me if you have any questions or want to buy.
    Will ship domestically and internationally through UPS.

Thanks,

Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael
    Vintage Seats Owner
    http://www.vintageseats.com

Correct Porsche 911 ST, RSR, RS, R, 356GT and 914-6 GT seats.

Are the belts long enough to lace through the wheels? It seems that this would be another benefit to the straps, to safely hold those expensive tools from bouncing around.
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)

Michael, PM sent. Thanks
    Doug

Michael,

PM sent. Thanks

Andrew
    1972 911 Narrow-Body Group 4 Project - On The Road.

Quote Originally Posted by orange911 View Post
    Are the belts long enough to lace through the wheels? It seems that this would be another benefit to the straps, to safely hold those expensive tools from bouncing around.
    Hi Olin,

The leather straps are 22" long for reference.
    Michael
    Vintage Seats Owner

All PM's have ben replied to with the requested information.
    Last chance to buy these RS Air Bottles!
    Michael
    Vintage Seats Owner