Thread: Misc. Grommets,Plugs, Boots?

Misc. Grommets,Plugs, Boots?

I've been steadily cleaning up my '71 2.2T engine and I'm in need of a few small rubber parts I can't seem to find. Since I'm not sure exactly what the part number is (hence my questions) I'll do my best to describe where they go and maybe somebody can help me out. Also, maybe somebody knows where to find them if they're not available from the usual suspects.

1) The grommet on the back of the fan shroud where the wiring harness for the alternator goes in. I've tried a few generic ones from Autozone and such with no luck.

2) The 2 rubber boots on the back of the alternator covering the + and - terminals (at least I know there were 2 although not sure which terminals they're actually on). These look like the 356 generator terminal boots I've seen on Stoddard's but I'm not sure.

3) 2 small rubber plugs on the metal driver side heater air outlet that attaches to the fan shroud (the block off plate?). There are 2 small holes on the top of this piece above and below the metal wiring harness holder that should have this plug and the one still attached on mine is pretty much shot. They look like this but are larger in diameter than these (although not by much):

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/De...cfm?ID=N200223

4) The rubber vent boot that attaches to the small vent tube behind the engine (above the transmission attached to the backside of the right side sheet metal by the oil cooler). This piece is the metal vent tube that the small vent hose from under the air box attaches to and it has a rubber vent on the end. It looks like this and may actually be the same part:

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/De...m?ID=311115541

If this is too vague let me know but hopefully somebody can help me out. Thanks in advance,

Stretch

An update to the above thread for reference purposes. I was able to find a few of the part numbers I needed as well as the availability of some of the parts. From the above post:

1) 999-702-007-05 Rubber Sleeve. NLA from Porsche and Stoddard's said they just ran out of them in Germany.

2) Still looking for these but again they appear to be the same as the generator terminal boots on a 356.

3) 999-703-013-50 Rubber Stopper. Available from Porsche.

4) 999-703-076-50 Thermo Valve. Available from Porsche.

Stretch
    Last edited by Stretch32; 03-06-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Stretch, as regard to #1 I go to my local Ace Hdw. store, they have a great selection of various size grommets. Sometimes I have to get one a little bigger then, slice it and section it to make it a little smaller in O.D.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

It's the same as the grommet for the Webasto fuel supply! Gotcha Ed!

Did somebody call Stoddard, they still show it.

1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Ed that's what I'll end up doing and I have found one that's close.

I called Stoddard's today and they are out of stock as of a few days ago although its still shown on their site.

Stretch

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    It's the same as the grommet for the Webasto fuel supply! Gotcha Ed!

Did somebody call Stoddard, they still show it.

Oh man that was so close,,,,,I was just going to say that
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.