Thread: Ordering a set of Group 4 Wheels in Custom Offset. Advice requested

Ordering a set of Group 4 Wheels in Custom Offset. Advice requested

Have a 71' E with rolled lip in the rear. Currently have 7x15 225/50/15 Fuchs in the rear and 205/50/15 in front. Ordering the Campagnolo replica for an extra set. Group 4 does custom offsets, and looked at doing 7R offsets. Any advice or recommendations if I plan on running the same tire size? Not currently using any spacers.

1971 911E

BTW, they do offsets from +25 to -12 in 7in wheels.
    http://www.group4wheels.com
    1971 911E

Crockey, realizing this is an extremely old post...

Did you end up ordering the Campagnolo replicas? I've been trying to figure out if Group 4 makes a 7x15 with a dish ~ similar to the 8x15 ~ for a narrow-body. Was wondering what route you went?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cnwayland View Post
    Crockey, realizing this is an extremely old post...

Did you end up ordering the Campagnolo replicas? I've been trying to figure out if Group 4 makes a 7x15 with a dish ~ similar to the 8x15 ~ for a narrow-body. Was wondering what route you went?

Thanks!
    This doesn't answer your question but it sure does look nice. https://www.facebook.com/Onassis356R...86903238211025
    And here is a relevent portion of a email that I had with Onassis regarding the wheels in question. "Thanks for your message.

We have tested the PAGs with size of 7" in combination with Avon semis in 185/70 15 an all four corners on a 1966 (former 912) transformed 911.

The tire itself does not look small in this combination and we have had no issues with rubbing on the body or inner brake hardware.

You can see some impressions here:

http://www.onassisporsches.com/HOME/Parts-services/

The car itself could get dialed in a bit lower on the back without having issues as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Great_Escape View Post
    This doesn't answer your question but it sure does look nice.
    Great_Escape,

You're correct, it doesn't exactly answer my question, BUT I do have to agree it looks fantastic. Thank you for passing this along!

My p-car at the moment is not SWB so I figure I have some extra room to play out back.

Hey cnwayland,

Let us know how this works out for you. I find the PAG wheels super attractive but was told 7" won't work on the front of my 1970E.

Might decide to follow up independently with the guys from Onassis.
    '70 E Coupe Pastel Blue
    '73 S Targa Gold Metallic
    Registry #2890

Quote Originally Posted by Sun888 View Post

Might decide to follow up independently with the guys from Onassis.
    I shot Onassis a message already (not that you can't as well). I'll post any of my findings here. I'm still waiting to hear back from Group 4 directly, but the current plan is to get the 8's and dial in 2 to 3 degrees negative or so in the rear.

According to Group 4, they state the offsets for PAGs: 7's @ ET23 & 8's @ ET10

If I had an 8 with a 23 offset... which would half the poke from 25.7 to 12.7mm
    Last edited by cnwayland; 09-15-2015 at 09:58 PM.

The reply from Jonathan @ Group4:

"Hi Cameron,

It is 7’s all round unless you go for SC/RS/Carrera rear arches."

He offered the image from Onassis for the narrow-bodied example.

I'm still tempted to try...

Hmm. Interesting. My workshop insists that I shouldn't try the 7"s on the front. He's got 30+ of Porsche work under his belt. I will speak with him again. But I think you're thinking about 8" anyway so different problem for you. Just love the look and the Onassis looks terrific.
    '70 E Coupe Pastel Blue
    '73 S Targa Gold Metallic
    Registry #2890