Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: New window winder/regulator pivot pins

Smile FS: New window winder/regulator pivot pins

Having been astounded at the eye-popping prices to replace these pins (circa $30 each at Stoddards and Sierra Madre, £32 ($48) at Roger Bray in the UK!) - and they are inevitably are broken or severely worn in any early regulator, resulting in stiff or poor window movement - I have talked an old mate who is a professional toolmaker at one of the European racing team parts suppliers into making me some. I needed 4, but he has made 8, so the rest are up for sale. They are made from 7075 Aircraft spec Aluminium Alloy, and can either be peened over to hold them in place (as per the originals) or drilled and tapped on the end for a M4 washer and screw. (I do the latter as it's more secure I feel). These ones are slotted for the spring parallel to the support slot. If there is enough interest then I will ask him to make more, and some perpendicular to the regulator slot if required.

18$ each for a single, 15$ each for 2+, plus a fixed 5$ airmail shipping from the UK for any number up to 10, so if there is enough interest a single packet to a local group might work best.

Update: All sold but I am also gauging interest to see if it's worthwhile twisting his arm to make more. If you are interested them please specify the amount and spring slot orientation (parallel or perpendicular to the regulator slot). Like all craftsmen he is not the quickest, so don't expect 'Next day delivery' if we have enough interest for another batch..........

Further update: if you are concerned about the material used please see later posts.

Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MTemp; 03-11-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Hi Mick,
    I would like the other two if still available?
    Thanks,
    Sean.
    S Registry#2021

They're yours Sean

Please pm with your address and I'll send you payment details.

Assuming your in Oz, then please pay 25UK pds (to avoid double exchange costs).

Thanks

Any left? if so I will take a pair

Sean has first dibs on the 2 left, but if he drops out then you're next.

Are you also interested if I can supply in a few weeks if I get another batch made?

Mick

I have the issues you talk about on my 67. If these are for a 67 and you make more I'm up for a set. Chris

Hello Chris,

I'm sure they fit all manual regulators up to 74 at least, although some have the spring slots parallel to the regulator slot and some perpendicular. I'm sure there is an expert on here (if not here, then where??) who can confirm this. Can you let me know which you require (no rush) and I'll add you to the list in order of expressing interest.

Thanks Mick

Quote Originally Posted by MTemp View Post
    Hello Chris,

I'm sure they fit all manual regulators up to 74 at least, although some have the spring slots parallel to the regulator slot and some perpendicular. I'm sure there is an expert on here (if not here, then where??) who can confirm this. Can you let me know which you require (no rush) and I'll add you to the list in order of expressing interest.

Thanks Mick
    There are 4 different pins for 911/912s. We make all of them out of mild steel. Aluminum fails too soon.
    JK, you don't need any of those!

Regards

Jim

Well thanks for the words of encouragement and support Jim, but my man makes parts for F1 race cars out of this alloy, and he assures me it will outlast mild steel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7075_aluminium_alloy
    http://www.aircraftmaterialsuk.com/d...nium/7075.html
    http://www.metalsuppliersonline.com/...pages/7075.asp

Perhaps a little more care before pi**ing on someone else's parade, eh?
    Perhaps JK (whoever he is) can now make an informed decision as to whether he needs them or not ......

Best regards

Mick

PM sent with details.
    Thanks,
    Sean.
    S Registry#2021