Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seatbelt Solutions for early 911??

Seatbelt Solutions for early 911??

Hi guys,

Wondering what seatbelt solutions are available to early SWB cars that only had lap belts both front and rear from the factory?

Ideally solutions that avoid drilling into the shell!

The lapbelts never make me feel particularly safe and I'd like to use the car as the maker intended!

All ideas and pictures gratefully accepted!

Cheers
    Jason
    Last edited by 964RS UK; 03-14-2013 at 03:48 PM.

How early, tell us about your car....things were a bit different between LWB and SWB cars, but (especially LWB) the cars can easily be modified to accept 3 point belts, fronts are easy, rears take a bit more work....I'm in the process of putting 3 point retractable belts in the rear of my 79 sc, and I've done fronts on a couple of LWB cars.

Tell us what you've got
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Sorry should have said - SWB!

We used to have Peparts, but have never heard why they shut down or if they will be back?? EDIT: They are back in business!

http://www.peparts.com/StoreFront.bok

Happy with the belts I bought from them, no drilling, bolt on.

Cheers,

Radmund
    Last edited by Schiefer; 01-30-2015 at 07:00 AM.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Peparts was the best direct solution IMO. I got a couple belts that worked well from them.
    I think I heard something about liability issues closing them down.

Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I have the PE Parts belts on my 67. I sent a friend to them a while back and he relayed to me they didn't feel there was enough demand to stay with it.

I have a good solution, but I cheated. Since my car is a bit of a hot-rod type with fake race seats, they came with rail adapters that included belt anchors. I bought custom designed belts from Bill Rich (Vintage Belts?) and used the original shoulder belt anchor (after drilling and tapping it out to 7/16th" SAE fine) which give me three point non-retractor belts.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Bill Rich makes some great belts. I've got a repop-Repa racing setup from him to hold my kid in the back seat. Great product.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

More than Original
    Andover Restraints has similar belts to Pep Parts. There's an article on the 356 board all about 3 point belt options for early P cars.

http://www.andoauto.com/index.htm
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

If you have the mounts in the parcel shelf I would suggest looking into Britax or Autoflug vintage harnesses here on the board.

Bill Rich at http://vintageseatbelts.com/ like was stated above, does great work at a fair price. It will take a little while to turn around a fully custom order, but he also has some belt options in stock that he can supply. It's worth a look...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687