Thread: Can you post a picture of an original 67 911 fuel receptacle?

Can you post a picture of an original 67 911 fuel receptacle?

Was the fuel cap yellow zinc? Did it have the "protection plastic"? What color?

What did the protective cloth look like?

Did it look like this?

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com..._detail&p=3891

The protector, I've seen a picture and looks like it is grey. The cap I am not sure since mine looks original and silver. Maybe it lost the yellow tint.

I have not studied these parts of the cars in detail yet, but here are some pictures.

Looks grey to me and interestingly not all rubber as I believe at least one of the repro products I have seen. Not sure if the fuel cap is original to the car, (red paint on it) but at least no sign of yellow zinc anywhere...

Last edited by Schiefer; 04-09-2013 at 05:44 AM. Reason: spell check
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

The original 67S brochure does not have a picture of the fuel filler area but it does have a colour picture of the engine and the oil cap does not have the yellow zinc appearance. It is the grey/silver appearance. Possibly the fuel filler cap would be the same to match.

There is a black and white photo of the fuel filler area on the 911 normal brochure and it shows what appears to be a single flap in a grey shade (rather than black).

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    The original 67S brochure does not have a picture of the fuel filler area but it does have a colour picture of the engine and the oil cap does not have the yellow zinc appearance. It is the grey/silver appearance. Possibly the fuel filler cap would be the same to match. Mike
    All the pictures I have collected of original 67 cars show a grey/silver oil cap. I believe the fuel filler cap should be the same, so nice if this could be confirmed.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Great looking protector. Much nicer than the repros I've seen! Both of my caps oil and fuel are silver.

I saw a picture in a 1967 catalog and can confirm the cover is grey and the cap looks silver.