Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction. My car and I.

Reanimation: 1973.5T Barnfind from Montana, now in Ohio

I'll start with me. I just moved from Florida to Ohio. I spent the last 13 years as the Technical Editor at Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Motorsports magazines. I'm now the Digital Marketing Manager at Stoddard NLA here in Highland Heights. I'm the guy responsible for the new email communications as well what will be our new site that's launching soon. I am a hardcore car nut and can speak Porsche pretty well. I had a 1969 911E that I resurrected back in the 2002-2004 timeframe, but have been Porsche-less since then.

But as it stands, my office space is a few short feet from where we store some of our Porsches. I smell old 911 all day long. The fragrance is seductive and sublime—like the scent of a woman—and nearly as expensive.

So, just 2 short months after starting, I've slipped back into the fold. I've got a 1973.5 911T that I found in Montana via a friend. It's getting shipped here next week. It should be a great project to get back into this wonderful marque!

Anyway, I appreciate the chance to hang out here. I'll join shortly and contribute in a non-intrusive way.

Name:  DSC08318.jpg
Views: 2031
Size:  74.6 KB

Per Schroeder
    Stoddard NLA
    Last edited by Per Schroeder; 05-28-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Welcome, Per...

I have been a long-time reader of both magazines. I probably met you with some of the rest of the crew at the magazine's stand at Road Atlanta, Sebring, Watkins Glen, or somewhere!

There is a great depth and breadth of both knowledge and opinion here. It's a great resource.

Good luck with your new acquisition. I look forward to a detailed thread about it.
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

Noisey New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Per Schroeder View Post
    . . . I'll start with me . . . I'm now the Digital Marketing Manager at Stoddard NLA . . . had a 1969 911E that I resurrected back in the 2002-2004 time-frame . . . been Porsche-less since . . . slipped back into the fold . . . got a 1973.5 911T . . . appreciate the chance to hang out here. I'll join shortly and contribute in a non-intrusive way . . .
    Welcome aboard, Per --- and I really hope that you WILL BE intrusive

I was reading GRM back when You Guys were bringing back a Real M3 --- one installment about exhaust systems, in particular, comes to mind . . . then I kinda drifted-off + got into other things. Like Porsche

You, too, now, it looks like

I'm sure everybody wants to hear more about your car. Montana? Nice-&-dry, out there

First thing I noticed about your car? . . . .

. . . antenna's on the right

Izzit 'lectric?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for....-on-a-69t-LWB

We Can Be Heroes

Welcome to sunny Ohio.
    Ted
    Columbus

Thumbs up

Welcome Per....... looking forward to much more......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks--looking forward to getting the car and digging in. My plan is not to do a ground-up build, but to fix the issues and enjoy. Insert any number of truisms about best-laid plans here.

Got the car today—Tickled pink. Simply a mostly solid, nearly original 1973.5T in one of my favorite colors. I know, I'm sick. Car was repainted from Sepia to Cocoa in the 80s. A replacement windshield (and seal) mostly likely lead to the issues with the rust in the pedal box. It needs to be replaced, as does the pedal cluster (included)

Other spots of rust are small. Spots below each battery box (less than 2") and the right side fender joining panel. Other than that...it's good.

The seat covers were redone in a basic brown naugahyde--those will be put right. It's got the original spare, toolkit, owners manual.....and S brakes with Konis.

Name:  IMG_0861.jpg
Views: 1805
Size:  68.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0866.jpg
Views: 1725
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0863.jpg
Views: 1807
Size:  80.8 KB

Looks to be avery nice and original car. Welcome aboard!

Congratulations on your recent purchase ... I hope it brings you many years of good, uninterrupted service.

I recently spent some quality time with a good running 73.5 T. Aside from a lack of power on the big end, the car was just an absolute peach to drive. The CIS 2.4T motor is so tractable from 3800-5500 that blasting through traffic is a breeze ... they make more torque than you'd expect from such a small motor. But, for me, the best part was cruising down the freeway in absolute comfort and not watching the gas gauge needle sink like a stone.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Thanks! Here's the bad spot. I've got the panels and a replacement cluster. Also needs a windshield gasket--as that's what started this mess. It's remarkable that everything else looks so good and dry. Water must have just pooled in the pocket around the pedals.

Name:  DSC08326.jpg
Views: 1733
Size:  109.4 KB