Thread: Is anyone near Torino in Italy?

Is anyone near Torino in Italy?

I have been trying to organise Pepita and Hide samples from Deser Seats for about 2 months now and have had no success.

Does anyone live close by?

It would be great of someone could call pick up some samples and then ship them using my TNT account.

I would pay all reasonable costs.

Regards

Chris

Just buy the pepita from Eric Linden....its perfect
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Unhappily I need a pair of ST Style seats to go with the material.

Well then contact Michael at Vintage seats I just bought some ST seats from him and he supplies them with Eric Lindens pipeta and german vinyl if you want
    which is what I did.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Chris, I live close to Turin and in the next 2 weeks I will be in the same street of Deser. PM me if you want.

Best regard

Carlo

Chris

I had Deser prepare seats for me a couple of years ago. Went through their American rep. David at info@exoticcarseats.com. He used to advertise in Excellence magazine. He may be that "Mr. Fiat" recently referred to in another thread as a new supplier. I needed a beige interior for my '68 912 and could not find decent door panels. Asked them to do sport seats and send me extra vinyl so I could have a pair of door panels made. David told me they could not do vinyl because the basket weave was an extruded(?) material but that they could be done in leather. Ordered it up and they produced extra yardage that I sent to Tony Garcia. He did a beautiful pair of matching door panels with the extra leather. Seats came out terrific and you can see door panels on Tony's web site archived pages.

Point is that I think David had samples of everything. In addition, they can color match and if necessary create basket weave if done in leather. Was told they could match any color and worked off factory samples. You might want to try David and see if he can help. No knock on Vintage Seats. Looks like they do excellent work but just couldn't help me with the color and basket weave at the time.

Tom

Going to Italy in June if that helps at all, near Tornio...