Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 65 911 302631 (rhd)

65 911 302631 (rhd)

Hi all,
    My boss is part way through restoring a 65 RHD car here in New Zealand. It is #302631. As far as we have heard it was delivered new to Afn in London and was owned by the mayor of London when new???
    I am hoping some the historians on here may have some info on this car.

One of his current jobs is trying to sort out the dash, we have my Lhd one for reference but the RHD one is constructed completely differently. It is a moulded plastic frame but we can't tell if it should have a one piece or two piece covering.

I will try to get some photos up soon but it is in a bit of a state currently, it suffered the usual 70's bodywork and interior update but luckily the original engine and solexes etc seem to have survived.

Any help much appreciated,
    Reuben

The brits know rhd, the link below is the uk forum...

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/index.php

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Also, Classic British and German, in Sydney australia, apparently make rhd dashes.... Fishcop got a 69 or 70 from them. Hope they can help,

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Early RHD's are a one piece upper covering; pm me an email address and I'll be sure to send a pic & details. I can check my old RHD records too on that VIN.

Cheers

Stewart.
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

I have the chassis numbers of the cars that came through AFN and it's not on my list. I'm showing cars both before and after so it's not that it's missing. Doesn't look like it came through AFN, sorry. Maybe it came through Hamiltons, Stew's your man for that

Thanks!
    I guess the rumours we heard about the car are untrue. Apparently the previous owner found lots of history on the car but refused to pass it on when my boss purchased it.
    Apart from Hamiltons and Afn were there any other RHD dealers back then?
    Lgk6d, thanks for looking at your list.
    Stewart, I hope your list shows up something. I will pm you also for some pics.

Reuben.

South Africa, Hong Kong, Kenya, Zimbabwe (am assuming there was one distributor for Africa at that stage?

302631 - RHD & UK delivery

Hi Reuben,

A new one for my list!

Good news for the custodian I can confirm the car was a RHD UK delivery with the following;

Paint: "Agablau 6608" (Aga Blue)
    Interior: "Kunstl. beige" (beige leatherette)

**a great colour combo, and the 2nd built of two early RHD's I have listed in this colour combination**

It was a UK delivery but I am not sure of the handling dealer, could it have been other than AFN? No ownership details available.

The Kardex lists the ever important term "Rechtslekung" signifying RHD; without this term specifically listed on the Kardex a car's not an original RHD, despite what some would have you believe about what are LHD conversion cars. The only other listed option was Lautsprecher (speaker).

Build date was October '65 but delivery was not until the end of January, 1966.

Welcome to the 65/66 RHD 901 "<20" club.

Congrats!
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

Dash images

Early 901 RHD dash images as requested....the small holes are from an aftermarket accessory fan fitted to the dash top in period.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

'98 986

MMU 911 C (photo LONDON 08.1965) 1st RHD delivered ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us