Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Looking for an Oil Dipstick for a 1972 911T

WTB: Looking for an Oil Dipstick for a 1972 911T

I'm new to the forum and was referred here by the Porche Club of America - Maverick Region as the place to go to find hard to locate items for my car and learn more about it. I'm currently trying to find an oil dipstick for my 1972 911T 2.4 that I have recently acquired from my father after owning it for 38 years. The part number I've been provided is 911-207-041-00 and I was specifically told that Ed Mayo may be able to help me out. Any ideas or direction would be very much appreciated.

Jeff Schrunk

Welcome aboard! Nice to meet you.

In my experience the oil dipstick is rarely lost but often dropped into the oil tank. If you can find one of those long magnets on an extension, try seeing if it fell into the tank. I searched for you on the internet and found this: http://www.schnellautosports.com/oil...schnell-p.html
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Quote Originally Posted by Haasman View Post

In my experience the oil dipstick is rarely lost but often dropped into the oil tank. If you can find one of those long magnets on an extension, try seeing if it fell into the tank. I searched for you on the internet and found this: http://www.schnellautosports.com/oil...schnell-p.html
    That's exactly what happened to me many years ago with my 914-6. Big scare, since I was out of town when it happened, but not an issue.
    Jack Griffin
    Dallas, Tx.
    Early 911S #167
    RGruppe #192

'55 356 s/r Outlaw
    '70 914-6 (2.5L owned since '76)
    '85 911 Carrera Cpe.
    '89 911 Speedster (bought new)
    '84 MB 300CD (bought new)
    Gone but great memories - '74 RSR 9114609113

Although that one certainly may work it surely is a reproduction,the originals have a circular tin with "OEL" printed within ...this circular piece should prevent
    it's loss in the tank as previously mentioned...Bert

Per the 1972 factory party manual, you have the correct part number. I'll keep an eye out for one at Hershey if you want.

Thank you very much! I've been searching the internet for a couple of months on this and never could find it. I guess Google was not my friend. :-)

I'm going to pick one of these up even if it's a reproduction while still attempting to find an original replacement part.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by neunelfs View Post
    Per the 1972 factory party manual, you have the correct part number. I'll keep an eye out for one at Hershey if you want.
    That would be great. I'm going to pick up the one from above just to see if it works and so I have something but ultimately I'd like to have an original if at all possible. Thanks for the assist!

Quote Originally Posted by budge96 View Post
    Although that one certainly may work it surely is a reproduction,the originals have a circular tin with "OEL" printed within ...this circular piece should prevent
    it's loss in the tank as previously mentioned...Bert
    I'm going to check the tank just to make sure it's not in there. I hadn't actually thought to do that but it is on my agenda for tonight. Thanks for the assistance!

I replied to this but it didn't show up so hopefully not re-posting. :-) Thanks again for the assistance! I'm going to order this one so I have something while also checking the tank for the original. Apparently Google was not my friend while searching for this elusive part!

I have this. It was labeled as a '72 dip stick but is says "OIL" not "OEL". Biggest trouble is I do not know what it is worth.
    P4115578.jpg
    jonathan
    hwgunner
    gprparts