I have recently learnt of of the passing of one of our early s members , Michael Walkerden (walko9)

Michael passed away Tuesday morning. Mike owned a red Group Sc Carrera 3.0 and had previously raced in Porsche Cup events and was a long time Porsche Club NSW member and enthusiast.

It was only a month ago I was talking with him at Phillip Island, and he was so pleased with the progress of his Carrera 3.0 that he'd been developing for the past 12 months. I'd run into him in the paddock at other events, and there was never a cross word. He was so pleased to be back out there running in group s and improving.

He had been battling cancer for some months, after 12 years of remission from his first encounter.

Michael went in to hospital for his regular outpatient visit early this week, but they were concerned about him and kept him in. He died of a stroke.

Michael was in his mid 40’s and leaves a wife and 3 children under 10 years of age.

The funeral will be held on Friday morning at 10am at St Phillips Anglican Church, Port Hacking Road, Caringbah, Sydney, NSW