Thread: FS: 2 Heuer Chronographs and 1 Diver

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar

FS: 2 Heuer Chronographs and 1 Diver **SOLD**

From my collection, I am offering these up to the board before going public, as I know there are some vintage Heuer fans here.

These 3 watches came from the Ray Allen estate, in Rochester, MI. Ray owned the now famous Aubergine '73 911T time capsule with 736 actual miles; he used his watches as much as his cars - basically never. I have owned each watch since I purchased directly from Ray's estate over 5 years ago, and have been a protective caretaker. PM or email for more info/specific pic requests.

SOLD Heuer Daytona w/Papers Ref. 110.213G S/N 332565
    "The Other Daytona" - Cal. 12 automatic movement (same as the Monaco). Original, unrestored, unpolished, virtually new old stock. Case -very, very near mint. Dial and hands -mint. Late 1970s manufacture. Very rare to find a smoke ("fume") colored dial in unfaded/unbaked condition (blue dial was much more common). The dial gradation pattern you see is as-new. The Heuer marked bracelet is original and specific to this model. I have carefully worn it only a handful of times. Kept on a winder, service history unknown. All functions work and it keeps accurate time, chrono hand resets perfectly to "0". Original, protective plastic sticker still on case back. Papers included -warranty/instruction booklet, filled out showing purchase date of 2/16/81 by Ray Allen. No box.

Additional Daytona Info from Bonham's:
    "Jack Heuer was a fan of the elegant Ferrari 365GTB/4 Daytona. As usual at Ferrari, Sergio Pininfarina was responsible for the design. The name 'Daytona' came from the great successes of the Ferrari during the famous 24 hour race at Daytona Beach in America.

The Daytona watch was the first Heuer with integrated metal strap and the dial showed colour shading from lighter to dark blue towards the rounded case corners. The model name Daytona stood prominent above the Heuer logo on the dial and a bevelled tachymeter ring rises from the edge of the dial which increased the striking look. 

Driven by the proven Cal.12 automatic movement, the case was a completely new design. The integration of the steel watch band with the case was achieved through a rectangular link with a counterpart in the band itself. A deep blue dial was advertised in the catalogues between 1976 and 1979 like this present example and it was also available was a fume brown dial (see lot 77) which is extremely rare. On the Heuer Daytona the serial and reference numbers were engraved on the back of the case."

SOLD Heuer Chronograph. Ref. 1614
    "The French Chrono" Mid 1970's. Manual wind, Valjoux 7765 movement. Also from the Ray Allen Estate. Case -excellent condition. Dial and hands -mint. Original, unrestored, unpolished. "Roulette" date wheel, alternating in red and black numbers. Service history unknown. Chrono start push-button is a little slow to return back to up position, but all functions work, chrono hand resets perfectly to "0". Keeps accurate time. These watches were made in France by G. Monnin under contact to Heuer (notice "Made in France" marked dial). Comes with Heuer box, no papers.

SOLD Heuer Diver Ref. 980.007 S/N 2799
    Quartz Movement. Also from the Ray Allen estate. Original, unrestored, and unpolished. Case -very near mint. Dial/hands -mint. Keeps accurate time. Service history unknown. NATO "Bond" strap. Everyone's got a Rolex sub these days, this is cooler, for a lot less. It is unusual to see one in such perfect condition. No box, no papers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JCR; 04-18-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

That's a nice looking diver. It's actually a 980.006. The 007 is an orange-faced diver, which is considerably harder to find (it took me a year to find mine)

http://heuerville.wordpress.com/tag/heuer-980-007/
    Last edited by Per Schroeder; 04-11-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Good catch.

The back is marked 980.007, so it could be a dial change, or gotten an incorrect case back somewhere along the way. Given what I know of the previous owner, I'm sure it sat in a drawer all it's life and wasn't messed with.

There is some schmutz on the back at the edges of the clear protective decal, it's not in the metal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JCR; 04-11-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Interested in the
    Heuer Diver Ref. 980.007 S/N 2799

please email me at trailbandito@sbcglobal.net

thanks,
    Jb
    Julio (in Santa Cruz)
    71' 911S