Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yearly Hershey Rant

Yearly Hershey Rant

Ok, many of you have heard this speech before, but for those that haven't, here goes.

We are the Porsche community, not some off-shore shell corp, so we can make change happen and make events like Hershey great affairs. Unlike global warming, North Korea, or the price of gold, Porsche events are something we can have a direct impact on and bask in the fun and glory of our accomplishment!
    People like to say the swap meet is dead, I dis-agree, the swap is alive. Yes, we now have an on-line buying place and a cyber clubhouse to hang out in, but that doesn't mean we can't come out and actually meet our Porsche brothers, show off our cars, and get rid of a couple of boxes of parts that are just sitting in the corner of the garage. There are enough parts to make all of our cars whole, we just need to keep the parts in circulation. Remember that 67 911 you parted in 1978, yes the one you cut up and dropped off at the dump because it had rust, well those parts are needed, and worth a lot of $$$, so bring em out! Or just drive your car out and park it next to another Porsche, cars get lonely too sitting in your garage next to your Tahoe all winter.
    I hope to see everyone out, the Unobtanium crew will be in Booth C 18-19 with hundreds of FREE gift bags, so no one will go home empty handed. Just look for the red-haired lady, she is manning, or womanning the booth, and is also my mom, so if you have ever wanted a clue on why I am how I am, you can ask her.
    Oh, and did I mention the weather is looking good too!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Looking forward to being there...
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

Me too!

I'll be in the Stoddard area, but plan on wandering around with my camera (and a few bucks to spend)

Can't wait. It'll be my first time at Hershey but hopefully not my last.

I'm in too! Also my first time.
    Searching for misc. odds and ends (screws, knobs, jewelry) for the gold car.

See you there!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    - Mark Z

ESR #2450
    http://letter26.blogspot.com/

I've been attending since it was held at the old dealership. Always a good time. Better if the weather is good!.

I just checked the weather and it's only getting better, temps are up close to 60 and rain is non-existent, if you aren't there it's because you can't get off your arse, not because it of the weather.

Hope to see everyone there!
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

I have had a change of plans and it looks like I am going to make this event again this year but I have missed the deadline for a booth, does anyone have a booth that they would like to share for the day. I do not have a ton of things but I would like to stop pushing the pile around the garage during the year.

Darn it! Previous engagement

Sorry; We're having a farm equipment test at the farm. We've got a mix of odd ball cars and some 356 bodies.

Target practice starts at 8:00 a.m. (.223 or better to join)
    Bulldozer action at 10:00 a.m. (no D9's as these are considered over-kill)
    "What's Left Gets The Torch" goes off at 1:00 (pretty safe to say, not much)

Y'all come.

Tom

Only kidding. Hope the weather holds and everyone has a good time!
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

You can get a booth day of the event, you will just be on the back row, probably H or I row.