Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: @eBay - 71S formely owned by Peter Gregg...another one

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    $150 for a P.D.I.? in 1971 dollars that borders on buggery as it would be approximately $865 in todays dollars. Another reference is that a Rolex Stainless Date-Just or Milgauss Rolex were about $250)

A Nissan pays the dealer 1.3 hours to perform the PDI on a 2013 370Z @ $106.50 an hour totaling $138.45

Quote Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post

A Nissan pays the dealer 1.3 hours to perform the PDI on a 2013 370Z @ $106.50 an hour totaling $138.45
    Seems fair. Wouldn't you agree that modern cars are pretty buttoned down when they leave the factory?

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Might also be pre-delivery installation for those parts that are all in the same handwritten bracket.
    Per Schroeder

Quote Originally Posted by Per Schroeder View Post
    Might also be pre-delivery installation for those parts that are all in the same handwritten bracket.
    You're probably correct. Typically the PDI is not listed on the Window Sticker or the Dealer Invoice.

A little background.. I was a Porsche Dealer in NJ from 1973 to 2000...and knew Peter. Each year I would take a car and drive it in the summer..when it sold you could always say it was my car/ demo... no dealer I ever knew registered or titled a car/ demo in his name... always drove on dealer plates, no reason to pay registration or sales tax... Peter Gregg drove many new Porsche's as part of being a Porsche Dealer, nothing special...If the car was modified by Brumos to increase it's selling price and Peter drove it , a little different, but again not that special...just a smart marketing tool... Nice to say you own a car that Peter used , but in opinion just a nice story to dine out on.

Quote Originally Posted by autofair View Post
    A little background.. I was a Porsche Dealer in NJ from 1973 to 2000...and knew Peter. Each year I would take a car and drive it in the summer..when it sold you could always say it was my car/ demo... no dealer I ever knew registered or titled a car/ demo in his name... always drove on dealer plates, no reason to pay registration or sales tax... Peter Gregg drove many new Porsche's as part of being a Porsche Dealer, nothing special...If the car was modified by Brumos to increase it's selling price and Peter drove it , a little different, but again not that special...just a smart marketing tool... Nice to say you own a car that Peter used , but in opinion just a nice story to dine out on.
    Thanks for the insight.

And so it goes.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Sold for $60,100. These early S's sure have made a move in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by rmfent View Post
    Sold for $60,100. These early S's sure have made a move in recent months.
    ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    ??????????
    Too high or to low?
    Certainly a basket case of a car, but I was expecting more. Don't get me wrong, it was worth a hell of a lot less than the final bid, I was just expecting something SUPER crazy.
    Last edited by kentf14; 04-28-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Quote Originally Posted by kentf14 View Post
    ??????? Too high or to low?
    Certainly a basket case of a car, but I was expecting more. Don't get me wrong, it was worth a hell of a lot less than the final bid, I was just expecting something SUPER crazy.
    Sorry, actually I was thinking of a different car and post when I posted that. So now I change it to !!!!! OK, if S prices continue to climb, the owner might break-even should he decide to sell in 2016 or so when it's done Thanks.

-Allen-