Mark Jung
    MFI Werks
    Early 911S Registry #972
    Carrera T w/LWB, MT, RWS, PCCB
    72 T 66 x 100 MFI Twin Plug Coupe
    R Gruppe #686

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    That's no stock MFI injection pump
    It’s a 2.2E pump that Mark Jung modified to run on my 2.3L engine with DC40 cams. The oil filler cap came from SuperTec.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch32 View Post
    Old thread….

I called Kundensport awhile back after finding this thread and had Ed send me a pair of his 908 style air cleaners. They come without filters and I used the recommended ones above which seem to work just fine. Overall, a pretty neat look and something a little different that works with stock MFI injection pumps.

Stretch

Attachment 595293

Attachment 595294

Attachment 595295
    How much different does the car sound on acceleration vs the original air cleaner box?

There is clear difference in the sound of my 1972 911T MFI when I take my air cleaner box off. The sound without the stock air box on is magnificently more intoxicating.
    You can hear the intake trumpets!
    I would like to achieve that sound safely and these look like the way to do it.
    Last edited by Perry911; 05-24-2023 at 10:48 AM.
    1969 911T Coupe Blood Orange (Vivy)

Perry,

It's pretty loud but, to be honest, the intake noise is drowned out by the Liestritz 2-out sport muffler I'm running.....

Either way, I know its louder than a stock air box and it sounds great in my opinion.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch32 View Post
    Perry,

It's pretty loud but, to be honest, the intake noise is drowned out by the Liestritz 2-out sport muffler I'm running.....

Either way, I know its louder than a stock air box and it sounds great in my opinion.

Stretch
    My car has the stock Liestritz. I just made the order with Ed this morning. I will report back once received fitted and installed!!!
    1969 911T Coupe Blood Orange (Vivy)

any of these air box replacements for MFI clear a decklid that has an AC condenser? I'm finally getting blucille back together and the A/C bits hit the gorgeous fiberglass air boxes I bought from Ed.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Since Porsche is somewhat famous for their airbox designs... doesn't this impact torque and drivability? At the very least I'd expect that you'd need to re-calibrate the MFI pump.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

It’s possible there might be some impact but the only way to know would be a dyno comparison I guess (or seat of the pants feel?). How big is the difference between a stock air box and a more open induction system with regard to power / torque? I will say the car has pretty good torque and drivability in its current setup so I’m not sure how much noticeable difference there would be switching to a stock air box.

The MFI pump was set up with a modified space cam to work with the DC40 camshafts and the engine displacement / compression ratio so that shouldn’t be an issue. I still need to hook up my temporary AFR gauge and check / adjust the MFI fuel flows to see if any are needed.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063