Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Dishonest Seller! Complaint, I need help

Very Dishonest Seller! Complaint, I need help

Hello,
    I hate to do this, but I tried at length to resolve this with the seller. I recently posted a post titled "WTB 3.5" spacing struts" to which I received a peply from Hpt911 that stated I have some that are painted koni orange with some pictures attached. I also stated in the post that I believe that all 69-84 3.5" spacing struts are the same. We agreed on a price of $300 + 40 shipping which I sent via paypal immediately. Well the struts arrived today, and they are 3" spacing. I contacted the seller and stated that they are not what I had asked for and that I would like to send them back and have him refund my $340 plus shipping costs back to him. He stated in short that he will not refund my money, and that it is my fault because I didn't know what I wanted, and I should re-sell them. I tried at length to reason with him, even going as far as to say,"ok I will eat the shipping back to you, and you just give me half of my original shipping back" This would mean I lose $60 in the deal, just for being nice and trying to resolve this. He will not refund me any more than $300 dollars and claims that the photo's should've been enough for me to determine that they were not what I needed. I uncovered the thread where he purchased them originally from cmpski, where they were clearly listed and described as "69-71 3.0" spacing struts, and I will be bumping that thread as soon as I send this, as well as my original request thread. So in short when this seller answered my thread titled "WTB 3.5" spacing struts" he full well knew thay were 3" yet attempted to mislead me. I think my offer to eat $60 is more than fair and will be filing a grievance with Paypal for misrepresentation of goods, and insisting on a full $340 refund. I hope Hpt911's desire to screw me out of $20 was worth all this. Even the photo he posted with the measuring tape is not clearly set up to show spacing, so it looks like 3.5" If you wanted to accurately depict it in photos you would've done a close up of the shackle with the tape spanning the two bolt holes. Guys please help me out with this. If he agree's to refund me the $320, I will gladly send out the struts tomorrow! That is a fair offer. Please look after this post for the original two posts bumped...Thanks
    1969 911 E #824

Just call your credit card company and request a chargeback. Problem solved. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

It does appear pretty straightforward. Hen knew or should have known that he purchased 3.0" spacing struts. It was obvious you wanted 3.5", so he should never have responded. The error is his, and he should make good on the transaction.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Your down to beating this horse over $20. I'd take my lumps, learn from this and call it a day.

there were 3 types of 3.5" spacing struts, Koni, Boge 911E and uh the third one is uh, uh (Rick Perry tribute)
    Last edited by 66S; 04-24-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Also Bilstein
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

It's not $20 at issue, it's being dishonest and not admitting it or doing the right thing to fix it.
    1969 911 E #824

It would have cost me much more that $20 of my professional time to have typed the original post. Take the proferred refund, move on and consider yourself lucky to get most of your money back.

Shift Knob Maker
    Sorry, but you just can't count on all people being honest and willing to do the right thing.
    I buy and sell thousands of dollars worth of stuff every year all over the world, almost all
    on the internet and I have found MOST people do it right but not all. You just have to accept it
    as the risk of doing business this way.
    I am having a dispute right now with someone on ebay because they are charging their seller and paypal fees to the buyer and
    adding it into the shipping charge. They just think they should be able to do that... World is full of all kinds..
    Okay, I'm done.
    Mark..

Quote Originally Posted by xpensivewino View Post
    It's not $20 at issue, it's being dishonest and not admitting it or doing the right thing to fix it.
    Your spending a lot of stressful energy over $20. I would rather move on to happier things in life. You will waste a whole lot more dough than $20 by the time you finish your car, I assure you.