Thread: Very Dishonest Seller! I need help! Response!

Very Dishonest Seller! I need help! Response!

First of all I would like to apologize to everyone who has taken the time to read this thread for wasting their time .

Facts:

I responded to Steve Keller (expensivewino) WTB post on a pair of struts. I post pictures including closed up pictures. Steve, via PM, mentioned that all Porsches model year from 69-84 have the same struts, in addition, Steve negotiates the price down from $350 to $300 plus agrees to pay for
    shipping charge. I accepted the offer. I carefully packed the struts in double boxes (not a quick and easy job since they are large and heavy) and sent them out priority mail via fedex.

Mistake:

I assume that Steve, with the pictures including tape measurement on a side, knows what he is looking for and that these are the right struts ( did not pay much attention to the to the difference between 3.0inch and 3.5inch spacing. I relied solely to his decision and did not double check
    the spacing measuring.

Facts (continue):

Steve received the struts in 2 days and sent me an email "right of the gate" calling name and accusing me of defrauding him.Together with threatening language.

I responded to Steve that I do not appreciate his accusation and language and the I did not take those pictures to "intentionally mislead him". In fact, those pictures are the same pictures that I had taken for the for sale post in the registry since Nov 12 (way before Steve post looking for the struts).That he can verify by looking at the old post I had. That I honestly counted on him to make his decision to buy those struts base on pictures I sent and counted on comment Steve made via email and PMs after seeing the pictures. However, I immediately offer the full refund of the purchase price less shipping cost to Fedex and that we should resolve this via paypal refund process. Furthermore, we can resolve this without wasting members' time on the registry. Steve rejected my offer and demanded that I should refund money to his paypal account immediately. Steve went on to post the complaint within 30minutes and open the case requesting refund via paypal.

I contact paypal to inquire (since this is my first experience with such issue) which I action I should take and informing paypal that I am gladly accept return and I willing to issue the full refund of the purchase price of the item. Paypal representative responded that the process calls for Buyer to return the item before refund to be issued however Paypal is already holding funds in my account to take care of this issue. Paypal agent went on and stated that I should not issue refund before item is returned and that I should inspect the item for "potential" damages.

I went against Paypal's recommendation , issued refund to Steve right the same day. Steve accepted the refunds and the case was closed on 4/24. I still have not received the returned struts as of this minute.

It is interesting to me that 4 days went by and Steve has not update his thread!!!!!!! I can only speculate his motive!!!!

My observations:

Only a few members make no comments other then mentioning they are different types of struts Porsche have for those models year not "all Porsche from 69-84 have the same struts" as Steve firmly stated.

Many members form opinions (which I duly respected) without knowing all the facts.

Nobody question motive in this case. What is there to gain? What other factors involved?

Again, my apology for wasting everyone time.

There are always two sides to every story.

I agree with there being two sides to every story, but there's a good chance that you will not be seeing those struts again. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but once you have your money back, things like mailing back the wrong parts get put on the back burner.

You failed to mention that I sent you the USPS tracking number (23010640000191688065) via E-mail the same day I accepted your subpar refund of $300!!! So by simply posting that I need 3.5 inch struts, and making the mistake of dealing with you, it cost me $80. Now $80 in the trash may not be alot to you, but it is to me. Second of all I never mentioned you by name, only by your sellers name, so I would tread very lightly from here on out friend. Third of all, what I said to you verbatim was "I believe all 69-84 3.5" spacing struts are the same." Nice attempt to save face on the Registry, but get your facts straight, before posting. So if my calculations are correct, your struts should be arriving today, and then you and your struts can sail off into the sunset together never to be heard from again (we can only hope).
    1969 911 E #824

So on the same day you did receive the full purchase price of the item. You did loose the shipping charge to Fedex.

So you did receive the money before the struts were return to the seller ( Paypal would not recommend to refund prior to receive the items back).

Paypal case was closed the same day on April 24.

Why you did not update your thread?

You have successfully "robbed" valuable time from many members here for your personal "crying baby" satisfaction.

I hear the music to Rocky or Jaws in the background. LOL!
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445