Thread: European Delivery 73 Details

European Delivery 73 Details

I am working with a shop locally on a car which I believe may have been an European or Italian delivery 1973 model S. We are trying to make sure the car is put back together in the right configuration but in its current state there are some details which are different than what I am familar with a US delivery cars. Specific questions at this point are 1) did the seats on these versions have double locked backrests? 2) did all cars come with the unique F&R rubber bumper overriders regardless of market? 3) were the dash switches covered in the rubber as was the case here? 4) were there seatbelt interlocks or buzzers in non-US versions?. This car also has an AL rear lid but a steel LP valance. Any other US vs euro / Italian delivery details would be appreciated as well an any pictures of original cars to help.

Thanks
    Jim Lonsdale
    Member #80
    60 356 Coupe (First Car $400!)
    61 356 Coupe (Gone)
    62 356 Cabriolet (Gone)
    69 911 S
    70 914-6 (Gone)
    70 911S (Gone)

If Italian delivery there will be an "M" stamped into the aluminum manufacturers data plate next to the 911S. A photo of the data plate would be useful for research.
    Also for 1973 is the transition from KG to AG on the plate; useful to know for research.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Open the gas filler lid and see if there is a vent hose from the filler neck through the inner fender to the vapor collection vent hoses. Euro cars did not have that vent hose. The hole in the filler well was plugged.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Italian delivered cars have some unique features like no emergency flashers, many were delivered without a driver's side outside mirror, many came without seat belts too, front turnsignal lens with larger 'white' area and small orange colored area on the lens.

I have seen some IT cars with sport seats that had no headrests and plastic plugs in the holes where the rests go. The rubber cover over the dash switches are US market, not European. Many '73 European 'S' models had 85L plastic fuel tanks too. The only '73 model year 911 with an AL rear lid would have been a ducktail delete RS.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

# 2991
    I''ve got a Euro '73 911T, I believe it is Italian.
    It is not all original but from what I can tell these items were original features

No seat belts
    No seat belt warning lamp (I guess it's not needed with no belts)
    No hazard lights
    No rubber caps on switches
    No fuel vapour tank

It has clear front signal lenses
    Double locker seat slides
    Chrome rear bumper guards
    "S" gauges and front bumper but no "S" trim

I do not have a plastic tank but I think it was standard on the Euro E and S

I'll take a look at my car tomorrow to see if I can see anything else. (Car is not at home)

I also ave a spare Euro owners manual for sale, got it from the dealership.
    It's the 2/73 version, reprinted 11/2012
    I'll go look at it now, I think it's at hone
    Last edited by jrbennett; 05-02-2013 at 08:18 PM.

I've just brought home a nice MY '70 2.2 T, still with its original italian plates of the Seventies. It doesn't have neither seat belts, nor hazard lights and the front flasher lenses are correct.

Can anyone help with a listing similar to the above also for 1970 "Italian Equipment"?