Thread: Becker Auto Sound Question

Becker Auto Sound Question

Seeing an increased att to Becker auto sound of late, I have always thought them to be superior to the other B units.
    I have had the pictured unit for about 15 - 20 yrs in my MBZ 67 250S, I removed it from a 71 280SE.
    As you see it is a Europa II as identified on the name plate, as well as the sticker on the unit & some paper work from the donor car.
    My impression was the Europa II had the additional amp as shown in a current for sale ad listing Europa and name plate not showing II.
    Another unit showing the Europa II sticker on a unit with non II face plate and no additional amp.

Can anyone shed light on the additional amp, I thought the E II was because of the additional amp? I have had a couple over time and that was how they were equipped.
    There was another thread with discussions on the dial range 88 - 106 fm for US and like 104 for Europe? Correct?
    On the 2 in the for sale one is am - fm assumed US delivery, one non E II with amp showing BC - FM assumed non US as my unit was from a non US delivery MBZ also with BC - FM and the 88 - 106 range

Can anyone add info to help understand this?
    I have debated on removing the B unit from the 71 Targa and swapping it to the Becker Europa II, it appears to be a true option for the year.
    My B unit is very weak the Becker is very solid sound and has a Minii jack on the separate amp.

I have decided to pull it from the 250S and send it to Becker in NJ for a cleaning and service prior to putting it in the 911 and just wondering on anyone with more info on the Becker units.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My 72 S has an Europa with the amp unit in the passenger footwell. I didn't buy it new so I can't attest as to how this got there, dealer or factory,,,,don't know?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Call Becker's repair facility in N.J. And ask for their vintage department. They can answer your questions.