Thread: Porsche Web Sites

Porsche Web Sites

I started out on SAMBA, then migrated to here and Pelican. I'm a long time member of the 356 Registry #28XX. I remember the days when Jerry Keyser was the editor-in-chief. You didn't know if, when or ever you were going to get an issue of the magazine. The 356 Registry has came a long way, but now every time I post a simple for sale add, I get a nasty gram saying, ***YOU BROKE THE RULES***. The last rule I broke was I posted "PORSCHE" all in caps. I know that bunch is getting old, but you'd think they have something better to do. Like go drive their 356s.
    Last edited by juche_namja; 05-07-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

Joined the Registry when I got my 356 17 years ago... which is run by even more curmugeonly types now. When they enlisted help to develop a new, more usable web presence, the "talk list" guys had a fit. Still, for a few years it got better, and there was much greater participation. The recent kerfuffle over finances, board activities, heavy-handed editing of posts and limiting non-member contributions caused quite a schism, and many old members bolted to the Samba. When they consolidated the new site, some long-time members entire history was wiped out. Hadn't logged in for a few months, only to find I was no longer a member (but have always paid dues early). Took a month to straighten out, but the magazine is about the only thing worth membership any more. The online classifieds section was OK before the last site change, now it's useless. I can imagine your frustration, Jim... but you'll get more eyes on anything you want to sell on the Samba.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Well, I posted my 356C tool kit for sale on the 356 Registry web site. Of course, I broke some rule and have been severely reprimanded and their not happy with me. I didn't get a specific description of the rules I broke, but if had to bet money probably didn't like my caps. I hope I have better things to do LIKE DRIVE MY 356 when I get old.
    Jim

An entire post of caps is rude, but the occasional word in all caps for emphasis (instead of bold or italics) should be fine. And any brand name can (and should) be in all caps. Kind of a drafting/engineering thing.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I've been reprimanded again and I was warned I'm a *habitual offender.* I put my email address in my post. I wonder if the 356 Registry can ban me from posting in their classified?
    Jim

Well, I had issuses with the 356 Registry years ago, but just renewed my membership to post a few remnants left over from my Speedster & 59 Coupe. I'm not sure if they have soften up over there, but I'm not being chastised and blatantly threatened for breaking rules, so maybe I'm just conforming. The lord knows I don't want to get threaten again.

That brings me to the 912 Registry BBS. I joined there on 02-18-2006 and as far I could pull up I posted 6 adds. Four WTB adds, two for sale under one account name and twenty two under another account name that are mostly WTB adds. Why I have two account I don't recall, I think something to do with not being able to retrieve a password.

Anyway, I just got a notice from them, I'm a "commercial menace" to the 912 board because I post too many adds on the Early S and someone (I'm being stalked) e.g. a moderator has banned at least one of my accounts from any postings. But there are people on the 912 BBS who are bonafide business and have web sites and in my opinion is this because the good ole boy club, corruption and cronyism and they operate there with impunity. Just my $.02.....

It's just another one of my Porsche web site rants.
    Last edited by juche_namja; 08-16-2016 at 09:19 PM.
    Jim