Thread: Car trailers

Car trailers

I am looking. Pulling with a 2500 4X4 that is more that capable. Either with the 911 or the Camaro.

This is a bumper pull. So I will have room in the truck to put stuff.

I was wanting to do some auto cross that is 70 miles away and with the sticky tires I would rather throw it in a trailer.

I was thinking about the 8.5X24 spread axle.

https://www.trailersport.com/85-wide-spread-axle
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

At a certain size it becomes a better overall rig for a lot of reasons as a gooseneck. The space lost in the bed must of course be accounted for either in the internal length of the trailer or above the gooseneck. This seems like a nice trailer though. Id be curious what others have used for a track car.

I ran a Wells Cargo "auto hauler", "tag along" for years, up and down the West coast. I paid attention to the tires + pressures and greasing the wheel bearings, beyond that not 1 issue, never failed me in 20 years. 1st with a 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban then a Ford Turbo Diesel Excursion. The Suburban worked hard thru the Siskiyou's, the Diesel Ford didn't miss a beat.
    20' box / 24' overall, double axle, spring bars, nose cone, drop down rear door w/ ramps, awning, some E track, plenty of room for a 911 or Camaro and all your weekend race stuff.