Thread: Help identifying Fuchs?

Help identifying Fuchs?

Hi,
    I've been trying to work out if my 'Fuchs' wheels are genuine or not and have concluded that they are probably copies. They look genuine to me but no not have any manufacturers marks on at all. All the postings related to genuine Fuchs that I've seen have the part number on the back of the spokes with the Fuchs logo. However, they do have a date stamp, which looks like 6 70 and the number 4 above it. Any ideas what the wheels are? They measure 7 (from the interior of the rim) by 15.

the reason that I took the wheel off is that I am missing a spare. I put the 7x15 in the spare wheel well to try it for size, but this is clearly wider than the original as the carpet doesn't lie flat. The car is a 1970 911 T. What should the size of the original spare be?

Please excuse the dumb questions - I've only had the car 1 month.

Many thanks

Paul

Name:  Fuchs interior 2.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  92.2 KBName:  Fuchs interior.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  72.8 KBName:  Fuchs Wheel.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  100.4 KB

Looks original and worth more than what the car should have. Your car should have 6 x 15 Fuchs, commonly know as deep 6s. That wheel there if 7x15 is what is known as a 7R. The 7Rs used (mostly) an ink stamp hence no raised numbers, but one of the rear of the petals will have grind marks which was done to remove the deep 6 number. If you need a correct wheel we could sort a deal?

HTH

Alan

Looks like a 7R wheel to me as well...

Those go for about 1.2k to 1.5k per wheel in that condition.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Many thanks Alan, that's a relief. I checked the rears too, which are clearly the real deal. Here's a picture of the car with them on.

So, I just need a single deep 6 for the spare.... If you have one then please let me know.

Name:  911T.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  62.6 KBName:  Fuchs Rear interior 2.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  89.5 KBName:  Fuchs Rear interior.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  98.5 KB
    Name:  Fuchs Rear Wheel.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  78.9 KB

I am sure I will have one, we have a few spare.

Are you looking to p/x with the 7R? If so you will be in credit, thus anything else you need for your car?

Thanks

Alan

Thanks Alan, I just need one for the spare. I'm not planning to part with the current set I have. I'll give you a call on Monday.
    Regards
    Paul