Thread: Help Needed with Two Separate Issues

Help Needed with Two Separate Issues

I have a '70 911 and need some help with two minor issues. The first is I would like to rotate my steering wheel about 20 degrees on the spline. How do I remove the horn to get to the 27mm nut. I have read I just pull it off but mine does not want to seem to budge. Before I pull too hard and break something I thought I would ask. Once the horn is off I understand it is fairly staightforward to remove the wheel.

The second issue is my drivers door. When closed it is not flush with the side panel, sticks out maybe 1-2mm where it opens. The hinge side is flush. I can push the door in so it is flush so I am wondering if I can move the closing mechanism (striker plate?) so the door closes flush? It looks like it takes an odd looking screw driver but I don't want to start fiddling with it and make it worse. Is this doable?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Try pushing gently on the horn button then turning it counter-clockwise (kinda like removing a radiator cap) and it should come off for you.

Your door issue is definitely "doable" as you described. The bolts securing the door striker need Torx Head sockets to remove/adjust them.

Just take your time trying to adjust the door and you'll be fine
    Tim G

Early S Reg #1017
    RGruppe #663

73 911T 3.2
    00 Ducati 996 Track Rat
    01 Ducati S4 Monster

Very much appreciated Tim. My wheel is now straight and the door is flush. All worked out beautifully.

That was fast Dude
    Tim G

Early S Reg #1017
    RGruppe #663

73 911T 3.2
    00 Ducati 996 Track Rat
    01 Ducati S4 Monster

You know how you stand there are look (admire) your car and you see or think of those little things that are not quite right that bug the crap out of you. You must have posted the minute before I read your response so I immediately went out to see if I could fix two of those little things. All thanks to your knowledge and wisdom.