Not sure if this is current; no Affiliation:

http://www.sport-cars.org/serve.php?t=1967porsche911s

Looks like a deal to me.

307767s

. . . June 3, 2012, 5:26 am . . .

VIN = 307767S
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?

. . . Built on a rust free and straight factory original 911S tub (# 307767S), this lightweight special inspired by Porsche's 911R is a truly rare find.

By incorporating many factory 911R parts this car weighs in at a very impressive 1760 lbs. / 800kg. Note this is not a cut up car, it is full chassis / body 911S Lightweight!
    FEATURING THESE PARTS:

Original 911S chassis, composite doors, hoods & fenders, simplified (not deleted) interior. Plexi-glass window's, simplified hinges, door pulls, handles, operating levers and factory composite sport seat w/composite shell mechanic's seat.

THE FACTORY 911R PARTS INCLUDED WITH THIS CAR ARE AS FOLLOWS:

* Aluminum oil tank & filler
    * External oil lines & coolers
    * Headers & Muffler
    * 100ltr. Fuel Tank, thru the hood Center Fill, Aluminum. 110mm. Cap W/Fuel Safe engineering fuel cell bladder
    * 6x15 front & 7x15 rear Fuch's alloy wheels
    * Correct Tail light Assy's, headlights & marker lights

OTHER EXTREMELY RARE PARTS ON THIS CAR ARE:

* Marelli Twin plug distributor, Ign. Wire, Holders & clips
    * 906 Fan & Housing
    * Original 911R engine air guide and trim
    * Correct Gauges
    * A,F,M,S,X Gears on a 904 Mainshaft with ZF limited slip differential
    * 46mm Weber carburetors with high rise intake mainfolds

A RARE CAR DONE RIGHT, BY THE "RIGHT" PEOPLE...

Chassis and paintwork: by Gary Emory of Parts Obsolete
    Engine: by Dick Elvrude
    Transmission, Suspension and Maintained: by Bernie Buschen

Turn key and extremely fast, with numerous top 3 finishes with HMSA, CSRG, VARA and SOVREN, HSR & HSR West Legal
    2hrs. On Complete Mechanical rebuild 1st class paint & interior with just right patina.

Offering @ $85,000.00 . . .

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Too bad it's not a private party selling... I have a friend with a '68S SWT who would likely trade for this + a little cash.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

From the first time I laid eyes on it, THIS one has been one of my all time favorites........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Look at page 56 of the April Pano. I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.
    Chris

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I doubt folks will agree and this might be regarded as herasy by some .. while in no way doubting the skill quality, eminence of the well regarded innovative creators but the “I got lost in way to the race track look” isn’t something that appeals.

A real race car that has sports purpose or rennsport because it’s authentic to car and history is one thing and improvements can be made to 911 of course.

But outlaw hotrod and the like even when done by food considered among the best and pioneering in field can risk becoming a bit of a pastiche … racing numbers when not competing or when the car isn’t in any way a notable chassis that carried the numbers to achieve something significant. 722 on the Mille Miglia Merc is apt but what’s that and the other stuff all about here? Numbers being a very small easily removed example but it along other things kind of convey something by being there — something that either really appeals or it really doesn’t!

Perhaps this example if has actually raced hard is not the one to pick as the example to make such comment but generally I can’t warm to what’s become somewhat overdone and perhaps rather passé.

Each to their own and sure it’ll do well as it’s no doubt a quality thing from renowned creators … just my tuppence-worth

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 01-29-2024 at 02:24 PM.

All you have to do is remove the big #58 numbers and you would be fine for the street.
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

now bidding on Bring a Trailer at $150,000 what does that say about appeal?
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

I love this car, and appreciate the direction the Emory’s took it in. Starting with a genuine ‘67 chassis without its original case, gives license to modifications since chances of a perfect restoration are slim. Going in the 911R direction is well justified; especially because of the desirability. If I were to embark on a similar project, would I have gone in exactly the same direction hoping to achieve an identical result? No. No two of us would agree perfectly on what the result should be.

There are some things right off that I’d want different. But a 1760 lb 911R Tribute with 300+/- hp and a lot of period correct 911R features would allow me to forgive a lot! This’s gonna be a smokin deal in terms of bang for the buck vs the price of a real ‘67 911R.

Always dreaming about “what if’s”. Most recently about what starting with an SWB S chassis, combined the new Swindon 4 valve heads on a Metzger engine along with lots of carbon fiber (Tuthill, KAMM), plexiglass, and everything else needed to create the “ultimate” 911R tribute? When I dream, I go BIG
    Last edited by Bob Schaefer; 02-01-2024 at 10:32 PM.
    Bob Schaefer

‘67 911S Canary/Lemon yellow, sunroof coupe produced w/100L tank. Until determined otherwise, 306943S appears to be 1 of 1, and among the earliest 911’s with a 100L tank. The 911’s initial participation in a competitive event, the 1965 Monte Carlo Rally, was fitted with a 100L tank (#300055). Seeking additional info on earliest 100L tank fitments to 911’s.

‘70 914/6 (2.7l RS spec engine, but searching for 6404915 original)