Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: @road-scholars.com - '72 S Sunroof Coupe

I think we've got two discussions going on here. The '72S is/was apparently FS at ~$250K. The '69T was $180K.
    No comment on the quality of either car, but given recent sales anything near $200K for the '72 seems to be the market (especially when factoring in the dealer).
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Quote Originally Posted by kentf14 View Post
    The '69T was $180K.
    Wow, the ex-Fred Meyer car (the 69T) went for $180K? I remember it raised a few eyebrows when R-S sold it for 60-ish four or five years ago!

Harvey here! The car is stunning. The car is beautiful. The car is nice and worth far more than $5,000
    BUT IT'S NOT ALL ORIGINAL.

BTW; The next owner needs to track down some correct wheels too. And a spare. The other "Harvey" can fix that. Date codes and all.

Personally I have no dog in the fight but you'd think I called somebody's mama a bad name. I laughed it off at first and quite honestly I am still amused by the rancor over a damn car.

This was never intended as a personal affront.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Banned
    Tom,

Everything is taken personally now days...

One thing I would like clarified though: What do you know about the car and when did you know it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Tom,

One thing I would like clarified though: What do you know about the car and when did you know it?

I must invoke the 5th amendment.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tom I did not know you work for the IRS............

Don

Received a kind note from Cam Ingram regarding the critique of the door strikers.

Also learned from another interested party that Race Craft/Terry Forland are/were involved. Nice shop.

Car purportedly going to Tennessee.

What its value is wasn't the crux of my original post. The use of the phrase "all original" was and is still the point.

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more."

Now the "small stuff" can be taken care of to make it all it can be. I would have preferred that the 7 inch wheels shown in historical photos come with the car, however the good new is Harvey Weidman can turn out a beautiful set of correct wheels (possibly even correctly date coded) and Road Scholars know what to do about the strikers.

The rest is really easy.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Ball of Confusion

Ex Fred Meyer.
    Note the 7's on the back and the front spoiler which is acknowledged in the 2008 description.

1969 911 T (special original Canary yellow car)SOLD
    October 26th, 2008 Filed In: : Recently Sold

Description:

Rarely on a wild goose chase for Porsche’s do cars turn out as advertised, but every once in a while you get lucky. Such was the case while attending the 356 BS session in Seattle recently, when we heard about the all-original 1969 911T seen here.
    The original owner, Fred Meyer (who spent most of his career as a Porsche sales person), told us that he is getting on in age. The arthritis in his hands was affecting his ability to keep his pride and joy perfect, as he had for the last 40 years.
    While waiting for Fred to open his garage, I could not help but notice his 1988 VW Rabbit GTI. Glancing at the car I said to Cam, my business partner, “who would put Michelin Pilots on a Rabbit?” The more I looked at it, the more amazed I was with the overall condition of the car. It had original paint, a pristine interior, and only 88K showing on the clock. Holy cow what a Rabbit! As the garage door opened I told Cam,”If this 911 is half as good as the Rabbit, I’m buying it.”
    The yellow coupe we saw when the garage opened was ordered in the summer 1968 just the way you would expect a Porsche salesman to order one, with all the goodies. This 911T is one of only 349 long wheelbase cars produced at the Werks One factory at the start of 1969 production.
    This is a special car, not only the best original we have ever seen, but also the best documented. The options on the car are simply stunning. Starting with the special order Canary Yellow paint, this 911 is unreal, the paint near flawless. Fred also ordered sport seats, but due to production problems the car was delivered without them. The problem was easily remedied by taking the seats out of another car on the lot before delivery and paying $99 more.
    Being an insider with Porsche, he discovered that the very early 1969 911s had an alignment dowel in the engine case slightly too large, causing the engine cases to crack. Porsche remedied this problem by replacing the engine just 10 days after delivery with the upgraded fix. The Kardex makes note of this change with the date and new engine number. We have never seen this before!
    The car also has the Radio Prep Package. One of Fred’s old buddies was the Blaupunk rep in Southern California and gave him a new AM/FM that still remains.
    The rubber on the car for the window seals, etc. is all original and in better condition than any new part we have seen because of his little trick: rubbing Xerox copier oil on the seals! They have been incredibility preserved, without even the slightest cracks. The interior of the car is crazy! Not a mark anywhere on the dash, seats, carpet, door panels, or visors. Absolutely amazing.

http://road-scholars.com/1969-911-t-...ry-yellow-car/

This is an incredibly well-documented 911, both with service records as well as period photos. Squires Autowerke in Bellevue, WA serviced the car for many years, and with only 42,000 miles the engine needed nothing when we inspected it. While flipping through the photos we found a picture of the 1973 Porsche Parade in Monterrey. The photo reveals a Class and Division win, with the award being presented by Ferry Porsche himself. When you are going through the pictures you find many period modifications, such as engine grill painted black(very common early 70′s still on the car), polished and painted Fuchs (thankfully long gone), body colored mirror, additional different wheels, solo air cleaners, and more. The modifications that lasted the test of time are the 6 & 7 inch Fuchs and the 911S splitter.

Fred is truly an enthusiast and will tell you that the only reason the car is in this condition is because he is cheap and keeps all his things impeccable. I’ll tell you that Fred is a perfectionist. He won the Griot’s Preservation Award at the 2006 Porsche Parade, and needs to be thanked by all of us Porsche enthusiasts for a job well done. Fred shows us how to truly enjoy a 40-year relationship with the “other woman” by driving her, regularly servicing her, and showing her off with friends and fellow Porsche enthusiasts. He has preserved her to a standard never seen. I’m thankful for people like Fred. He has preserved history, and while history repeats itself, this particular special car will never be duplicated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Back at Roads Scholars . . .

VIN = 9112300697
    Eng# = 6321077
    Trans# = ?

Mi = 52,667
    http://www.road-scholars.com/1972-po...f-54000-miles/
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Another thread --- see post #915 . . .