Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pricing Help, Polak 911 Sporto

Pricing Help, Polak 911 Sporto

Hey gang,

I need help from the pricing gurus or even the internet experts on what my ex Vasek-ANN-Polak 1968 911 "L" Sportomatic is worth. This car is pretty known because of the foundation selling the car after Mr. Polak's passing. The car is still mostly original with a fresh engine. I know Don Ahearn had it for a while and it was published all over the Bird and the "S" Registry one time or another.

I was interested in trading for a Riva boat, which was posted on the registry Saturday. The fellow can't get over the fact that it's a Sportomatic (and there's nothing wrong with that). I still think the whole Vasek Polak thing dances all over the fact that it's a Sporto?

What do you guys think it should be worth? Not that anybody wants to buy a Sporto... that includes you Frank.

Thanks all!

Kevin

Name:  68 sporto 01.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  134.3 KB

It seems as if the "L" is bringing about 70% of "S" prices. I don't know that a Sporto is a direct value hit; more like a hit on the size of the buyer pool. That it belonged to Mrs. Polak may have some cache, but that's hard to quantify. My guess on value is $80-90K today based on other Ls I've seen for sale.

If it's 60% or more original paint, you have a car someone in PCA will want to show.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    It seems as if the "L" is bringing about 70% of "S" prices. I don't know that a Sporto is a direct value hit; more like a hit on the size of the buyer pool. That it belonged to Mrs. Polak may have some cache, but that's hard to quantify. My guess on value is $80-90K today based on other Ls I've seen for sale.

If it's 60% or more original paint, you have a car someone in PCA will want to show.
    I agree Bill. When a car is more enjoyable to trailer rather than drive to the shows it might be a good fit for PCA crowd.

Thanks for hittin in,

Is there a % of how much OG paint is on the car to show it in the P class. I'm thinking its mostly OG paint and the interior is OG too. I never thought of the preservation class. Thanks for the PCA tip! The engine sheetmetal is og too but looks its age (like crap actually) is that something the street show dudes like to see re done? Hell, some of the dripping oil is og too!!

KJ

The car really drives "Bitchen"....is that Cali talk.

Drive it to the show.....it ain't no "Trailer Queen" although some "Queen's" might like the Sporto side of things!

Time to Consign? . . .

. . . maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby1953 View Post
    . . . need help from the pricing gurus or even the internet experts on what my ex Vasek-ANN-Polak 1968 911 "L" Sportomatic is worth . . .

. . . What do you guys think it . . .
    Monterey's about two-and-a-half months away

Given some of the sky-rocket prices seen lately? --- and the Vasek Polak connection . . . it might just be That Time

http://www.rmauctions.com/consign/

http://goodingco.com/consign

http://www.bonhams.com/how_to_sell/

Even if you're not selling? . . . at the very least --- you might just give these guys a call . . . get some estimates, hear some opinions

HtH
    Last edited by LongRanger; 05-28-2013 at 08:37 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    The car really drives "Bitchen"....is that Cali talk.

Drive it to the show.....it ain't no "Trailer Queen" although some "Queen's" might like the Sporto side of things!
    I don't know anything about queens or stuff like that (I can tell you here in Arizona, if someone is in the closet they're probably just looking for another gun).

Don't clean up that OG oil! That's patina!

Great tip!!

Wasn't actually thinking of selling but when I do, your right....Monterey is the place....I'm thinking this little Polak "Special" needs to go back home when it go's for sale.

Don Franco,

Would you re paint the sheetmetal....or leave the og Patina alone?

KJ

Don Franco,

Would you re paint the sheetmetal....or leave the og Patina alone?

KJ
    Looks good from here ... but I'm 3000mi away.

What do your well-honed instincts tell you?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687