Thread: Question re: Initial settings for suspension re-installation

Question re: Initial settings for suspension re-installation

Will be re-installing suspension (completely overhauled) soon. I realize I will likely do some re-setting after the first few hundred miles or so, and would ultimately prefer a car slightly lowered. For initial settings, at what angles should the front control arms be relative to the crossmember, and at what angle should I set the rear spring plate? TIA, Brian
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Brian,

The angles in the Factory Workshop Manual should work for initial settings but you will definitely want to have the car corner balanced and aligned. That is, for the front, 10 degrees down from the crossmember then tighten the flanbloc pinch bolt. I remember using 32 degrees in the rear but it was pretty high at that point-- high is probably better than low for the drive to the alignment shop but you will definitely want a pro alignment and corner balance before putting miles on the car.

See my numbers here which should be identical for you-- these were targeted off the '68 numbers in the book.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...hlight=hawkeye
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Similar Threads

1. Question re: initial front suspension install/setup
    By Silverbullit in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 07:56 PM
  2. Rennshift II installation question
    By obrut in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 09:43 PM
  3. suspension settings?