Thread: slightly more sophisticated than a Nigerian prince

slightly more sophisticated than a Nigerian prince

Gents,

I want to share this scamming scheme with you so you are all aware when you have a car on sale.

Basically these guys are from China (in between getting ASIO building plan) they have programming bots and scan for car sales adverts. to make it a bit more authentic they actually use a 'web to sms' service and send you a text asking if your car is still for sale with a return email address. of course when you ring the number it's not on so you will more likely return their email query and here is the email trail I had.

EFFF OFF and stop your bots texting me every EFFING night.

Regards,
    hmd

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM, HMD wrote:
    go away scammer.

Regards,
    hmd

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:

I have just completed the payment and i expected paypal to have notified you to this effect.check your mail folders i sent $70,750 in all.i added $2,750 but $2,550 will be sent to my pickup agent headquarters in China through western union at post office,the extra $200 is to cover the western union fee. PayPal will not release the fund until you email them the western union details for verification,and also to enable my pick up agent to come for pick up and inspection.Here is the agent's details where the money will be sent.

Name Li Feng
    Address:10 Jiuxianqiao Lu
    City: Beijing
    State: Beijing
    Zip Code: 100024

please get the necessary details sent to PayPal (Money Transfer Control Number)MTCN and senders name and address used to send the $2,550 so that they can release the whole fund into your account.Please get back to me once done.
    thanks.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM, hmd <hmd> wrote:
    not going to happen.

Regards,
    hmd

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:
    I was just about to pay when i had this problem with the pick up, my pick up agent says i will need to pay for the pick up before they can schedule a pick up time, they charged me $2,550 for pick up and delivery and payments for pick up made through them is made to their corporate international headquarters in China and the payments is made through western union money transfer, i will add the $2,550 to the money i will send as soon as i have made the payments,i will need you to help me send the money to my pick up agent HQ in China through western union money transfer, this can be done from any post office,there is always western union money transfer section in most post offices,i would have done it myself but as i am at sea and didnt bring my credit card aboard,.I will appreciate your help here and thanks for your understanding.
    Thanks

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok good,i will proceed with payment shortly,but i will have to contact my pickup agent now regarding pickup arrangement,will keep you posted.
    Thanks

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:07 AM, hmd <hmd> wrote:
    Robert,

The price is 68K my paypal is .....

Regards,
    hmd

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. You should immediately delete the message if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this email by mistake please delete it from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose its content to anyone.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok mate,do get back to me with your PayPal email and your vehicle price so i can proceed with payment and contact my pickup agent to arrange a convenient
    pickup time with you once payment is been sorted by me
    Thanks

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:
    Thanks for mailing back,am ok with the price but would be glad if you could state any issues with the present condition and service history,i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project.We do not have access to phone at the moment,due to bad mobile network, and that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility.Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal,please get back to me with your paypal details so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your bsb and account number if you have no PayPal account.I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your account.
    Regards

I guess the golden rule is;

"When I see the full amount in my account, you own the car and can do what ever you need to..."

I think everyone agrees that on $Big Ticket items, if Western Union or Paypal is involved, and it's not a straight EFT between bank accounts - then walk away.

It's interesting to hear about the more savvy 'bot' programs in use though.
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

They are relentless they keep texting me with different email address, I suspect this is from my105.com. I have changed my phone number there to something like 0 four11 twoeighttwo 572

let see how smart the bots are.

On the subject of scammers - I thought I’d have a bit of fun with this scammer who falsely advertised a 911 for sale.
    I'm pretending to be Terry and interested in his $7300 911 - sounds like a steal.....!

Car for sale?
    tdubstar@gmail.com to turbo.kevia@gmail.com

I was linked into a message that listed you as the person with a Porsche for sale - and that it was very cheap for such a good car, but you wanted to sell it quickly.
    Is it still available?

Terry Dubstar

Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com> to tdubstar@gmail.com

hi terry,
    I have a buyer but he didn't had all the money available. now the car is still for sale.

tdubstar@gmail.com> to Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com>

Do you have a link to the website where I can see pictures and the price?
    Cheers Terry

Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com> to <tdubstar@gmail.com>

I just closed the listing as I have received several offers and I need only one buyer and a serious one, so please do not reply if you are not really decided to buy it.
    The price is $7300.

tdubstar@gmail.com> to Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com>

I am serious, the car looks good.
    Where is the car located?
    How do you want to arrange payment?
    Can I inspect the car?

Cheers Terry

Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com> to <tdubstar@gmail.com>

I would like to thank you for your interest in buying my car and also to clear some things first of all. The car is located in WA sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them.

If we decide to make this deal I will need the following details from you: full name (and i need your real name because i will use it for the transfer of the title), full shipping address(where you want to receive the car)
    Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to deposit the money to an eBay account. According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
    The final decision to buy it or not will be after the 5 days inspection with the car at your home. If you will not be satisfied with the car, you will be able to send the car, on my expense.
    I assure you that is not going to happen but it's good to know that you do have this second option available.
    The car will be sent with all the papers and documents required for registration(clear title,bills of sale,car's manual,2x keys,etc).
    This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you are a serious buyer.

If interested please include in your next email your contact info (full name,full shipping address)so we can get things started.
    Thanks

<tdubstar@gmail.com> to Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com>

Hi Kevia

All sounds good, and I must commend you on your professionalism and fairness to honour your contract with eBay.
    The car being in WA is great - I'll be there next week so I can actually pick it up in person and save you the shipping cost.

As a bonus you can keep the extra money for shipping, my luck has really changed of late.
    I can't say too much (it's kind of a secret deal) but a Minister from the Nigerian Government has trusted me to help him transfer a stack of cash from a foreign bank.
    I'll be swimming in cash by next week and plan buy a fleet of cars. I don't suppose you have any more to sell......?

So let me know your bank details and I'll transfer some of that sweet Nigerian cash as soon as it arrives.

Cheers Terry

PS I know the Nigerian deal sounds almost too good to be true but don't worry I have a back up plan - seems my good luck never ends, I just won the Mircosoft Lottery, and I can't even remember buying a ticket....!

No response yet........!!!!!
    Attached Images

Member #142
    911L Silver 1968
    928GTS Iris Blue 1995
    911 997 Targa 4S Black
    Cayenne Turbo Seal Grey
    Tom Walstab

EarlyS #
    TYP901 Member #142
    911L Silver 1968 Sb Historic
    928GTS Iris Blue 1995